4. Educreations Educreations in the Classroom by Jessica Steffel View using iTunes U:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/educreations-in-classroom/id507212940?i=113889023&mt=2
5. Lets give Educreations a whirl!
6. Type, illustrate, record • There are three flowers. • Each flower has five petals. • How many petals are there altogether?
7. iAnnotateAn example in the high school classroom http://larryrthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-we-use-iannotate-pdf-on-our-ipads.html
8. First you need a PDF file What is PDF? Portable Document Format It is a file that will look the same on the screen & print, regardless of what kind of computer or printer someone is using Lets get a PDF file to practice with in iAnnotate
9. Open iAnnotateGet a PDF fileOpen in iAnnotateAnnotate
10. Quick Review QR Reader & Evernote
11. CollaborateVerbWork jointly on an activity,especially to produce orcreate something
12. Web 2.0
13. What exactly is Web 2.0?• Consume ---> Produce ---> Collaborate• Popular platforms are:
14. It’s not the tech,it’s the TEACH!
15. How to use Web nt po rta2.0 in the classroom ore im butm y, sglitz Le s Growing Connecting Teaching
16. Growing is fun & fulfilling.How do you grow as a teacher?
17. tice Prac sses T ake cla l iona ofess tGrowing is fun r nd p pmen Atte velo de & fulfilling. Read G o to s nfer ence coHow do you grow as a teacher? Observe to r s m en Find Ch at
18. R ead rv eGrowing is fun O bs e ent ors Fin dm & fulfilling. C hatHow do you grow as a teacher? Online= Web 2.0
19. Web 2.0 is Collaboration Blogs, wikis Twitter, Edmodo, chats Everyone can publish You can learn from people all over the world You can learn from the person in the next classroom
20. “It takes a conscious effort to break out of the isolation of your classroom.” Peter Cookson, Jr. Lewis & Clark CollegeHow do you find them?
21. Social networks, professionalnetworks, linksConnecting is easyYou can find teachers with similarinterests, class size, grade level,subject matter, student learners Comment • Chat • Share • Copy • Mentor TEACH
22. To teach is to learn twice. Joseph Joubert, Pensées, 1842
23. That’s why Web 2.0 is so great in the classroom! Students learn more effectively Connect ... peers, teacher, parents, community Accept feedback & respond
24. Yeah, but...
26. Whaat? So many!How will I know what or where to go? First, remember "Its the teach, not the tech!" What are your objectives? Reach out to your Professional Learning Network
27. Lets ExploreFind Quadrant Partner #2Blogs & WikisJigsaw Activity5 minutes on your own2-3 minutes to share back withyour partner
28. Finally... Pinterest
29. Yes, you need to sign up if you use the app.
30. The usual: User name & Password
31. Lets browse "Everything"
32. Think of Pinterest as... A bulletin board A scrapbook A place to get ideas & share ideas A basic, Web 2.0, professional learning network - See, you do Web 2.0!