1. Social MediaSocial Media– a Corporate Love Affair or Just a Nightmare?Christian Brosstad, DirectorChristian Brosstad, Director ofof PR and Social Media , SpareBank 1PR and Social Media , SpareBank 1Mari Grini, IT Security Manager, SpareBank 1Mari Grini, IT Security Manager, SpareBank 1Stockholm, AprilStockholm, April 23rd 201323rd 2013Twitter: @chrisbros & @marigrini
2. It’s mobile• How to use your mobile to• How to use your mobile toget better experiences,games, social media,education, health and TVeducation, health and TV• It’s really about capturingthe right context andthe right context andunderstanding what peoplewant and need to do atdifferent touch pointsdifferent touch points
3. It’s second screen or social TV• TV has embraced social media as a way to interact moreTV has embraced social media as a way to interact moreintimately with their audiences, bringing content from theTV screen to the second screen.• Advertisers use branded hashtags to market to viewers• Fictional characters have their own Twitter accounts• Actors tweet from behind the scenes as theyre filmingnew episodes• Twitter is leading the way for a social TV revolution
4. Side 5
5. It’s crowdsourcingLego CuusooCrowdsourcing: the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by gettingcontributions from a large group of people, and especially from an online community, ratherthan from traditional employees or suppliers.Lego Cuusoo• Lego fans upload their ownproject• Projects with 10,000 votes arereviewed quarterly by LEGO for achance to become an officialLEGO d tLEGO product.• If your project passes review andis chosen for production, you willf h l lreceive 1% of the total net salesof the product• Eks Minecraft got over 10 000votes in 48 hours – New Record• Lego decides if a project fits withtheir strategyo.com• A win-win situation for Lego andit’s fanstp://lego.cuusohtt
6. Why every organisation should love itWhy every organisation should love it:A Social Media CrisisA Social Media Crisis
7. Being open about your flaws will onlymake you more awesome as a brandmake you more awesome as a brandFast food retailer Domino : Times Square live feedback from Twitter
9. WITHHUMORBODYFORMA cool answer to a question on FacebookHUMORA cool answer to a question on Facebook
10. Everything is mobileEverything is mobile
11. Saturday 27th October 2012For the first time we had more people logging on to theFor the first time we had more people logging on to themobile bank than internet bank.
12. And last weekAnd last week..
13. Reach: 340 000 in 24h
15. 1. Crowdsourcing:Innovation with helpInnovation with helpfrom customers
16. Our lab – the blog www.pengeroglivet.no7 years!
17. We’re asking for help...1500 svar1500 svar
18. …so we can make better banking services…
19. A big LOVE to the Norwegian people• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0axPAVW-RY
31. 1. Trust - Zappos+2. Likability - Virgin/Richard BransonRichard Branson++3. The products - Apple
32. So what about the future?
33. The future is here… Driving forcesMobile1Visualcommunication and2user experienceSocial3And a bit moreintelligent...4intelligent...
34. Is social mediaIs social mediajust a nightmare?just a nightmare?
35. Opportunities – but also risksKilde McKinsey 2012: http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/mgi/research/technology_and_innovation/the_social_economy
36. Ho do e orkHow do we workwith social mediai iin a securityperspective?Put together a team with members from manydifferent diciplinesPhoto: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lumaxart/2137737248/sizes/l/in/photostream/
37. security nightmaressecurity nightmares
38. 1. Pitfalls of sharing anddi ldialogue
39. 1. Pitfalls of sharing and dialogue.T t t t h i f ti i th tiTo protect or to share information is the question”Social media isdialogue and sharingonline”Photo: from halifax magazine July 29th 2010
40. 2. Personal Life vs.B i LifBusiness Life
41. 2. Personal Life vs. Business Life
42. 3. Social media spreadslmalware
43. 3. Social media spreads malwareB t tf l b t t iBe trustful but not naive
44. 4. Identities on theIInternet
45. 4. Identities on the InternetF f l d fi id titi th I t tFew formal procedures confirm identities on the Internet
46. 5. Targeted Attacks
47. 5. Targeted AttacksL l i f ti b t l blLow value information may be a means to access more valuableinformation
48. So what do you do as ani i ?organization?
49. Make an internal campaign to build knowledged i i i d land a positive attitude among employeesSome activitieshttp://www.sli• Seminars• IntranetQ iideshare.net/SpareB• Quiz• Online discussions• GadgetsBank1/nettvettregle• Gadgets• Symbolser-for-ansatte-i-spaAnd we shared our campaign with those whowanted it. Even competitors!rebank-1