Tel: 00 44 7846 727209 Email: email@example.com Skype: ChrisCooper2009
Influential Senior Manager with in-depth experience and a sustained record of success in the
Business-to-Consumer marketplace. Extensive background in diverse service organisations,
managing education, development and operations across all levels. An inspirational leader and
outstanding team player who, through a pragmatic approach, creates robust strategies to translate
vision into achievements. Strong leadership, strategic thinking and decision-making skills with a
passion for customer care and quality with excellent communication and facilitation skills have
been demonstrated in many areas. Seeking a challenging role within a progressive organisation.
• Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, ideas development, forward planning, research, analysis and
evaluation, problem solving and resolution, integrated management, business objectives focused.
• Business Development: Change management, business turnaround, creating new opportunities,
understanding business drivers.
• Sales: Sales strategy and management, confident spokesperson, contract and account management
• Operations and Logistics: Issue identification, feasibility studies, supply chain management,
improving productivity and time efficiency, reducing costs, project management, resource measurement,
developing quality standards and installing best practice.
• People Management: Communications at all levels, motivating, encouraging, coaching, training and
development, influencing, recruitment, conflict management, identifying individuals’ strengths, facilitator
and builds trust.
• Customer Relationship Building: Negotiation, persuasion, client needs identification, business
benefits, focused targeting, customer analysis, improve customer satisfaction.
• Financial Planning: Forecasting, full P&L responsibility, budgetary control and profit improvement
• Market Positioning: Strong market awareness, new channel identification and market analysis.
Cheiron Learning 2009 - present
Ethical business consultancy operating in the public, and global co-operative and mutual sectors.
Founder and Director
• Providing effective consultancy, research, training and development, interim and project
management services to UK and international clients. Enabling strategic re-focussing on
organisational vision, mission and strategic objectives for large, medium and small businesses.
• On time delivery of IRENET European Union Project, a research and development project
covering nine European countries and fifteen partners
• Research and reporting into equal opportunities enabling policy making for a national Trade
• Strategic review and research into organisational ethos, values and principles in order to
inform the strategic direction, culture, marketing and operational direction of a national bank.
• Providing effective governance training and support for regional retail and educational
Enterprise Learning Partnerships
• Securing, monitoring and evaluation graduate and vocational internships for higher and
further educational organisations in Spain.
• Developing business and delivering strategic level education to executive and non-executive
directors and managers in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Singapore, Malaysia, Portugal and Italy
The Co-operative College 1999 - 2009
Provider of FE and HE learning for non-executive directors, executive and middle managers, members and employees.
Vice Principal & Director of Learning & Development 2005 - 2009
Managed United Kingdom and International Business Development, Learning, Development and Quality Operations.
• Developed first strategic plan embedded 3 year strategic and 1 year operational planning
cycles. Led reviews and streamlined the process using a Balanced Scorecard approach.
Achieved relocation and established robust KPI’ and KPSI’s.
• Achievement of year on year growth. Through strategic planning, client management and
pro-active development focussed operational team on medium term and executive on medium
to long term goals. Led to year on year growth in learner numbers, income, contribution and
• Entered new markets. Developed high quality programmes enabling entry to new markets.
Addressed needs of non-executive and executive directors, members, managers and staff in
Europe, Australia, New Zealand, India and Africa leading to annual tailored programmes.
Head of Learning & Development 2001 - 2005
Managed United Kingdom learning programmes and business development activities
• Adapted to changing environments. Frequent liaison with key internal and external
stakeholders staying in touch with the changes in the environment. Reviewed product and
service needs of stakeholders. Ensuring establishment as a key player in non-traditional
Further and Higher Educational provision.
• Built a professional organisation. Identified policies, procedures and processes to support
business. Took action in key areas of People, Operations, Finance, Resources,
Communications and Marketing. Led to highly engaged employee and associate teams.
• Created effective teams. Recruited and developed new business, educational and
administrative teams. Attracted specialist associates transferring majority of delivery work.
Enhanced reputation for quality and professional delivery in all client groups.
Head of Programme Development 2000 - 2001
Managed growth in membership, non-executive, executive, management and employee development programmes.
• Recovered College reputation. Created effective client management and customer service
systems. Explored options for future engaging with KPMG, reviewed options with key
stakeholders leading to recruitment of new staff, new, refreshed and expanded provision.
• Secured IiP and ISO 9001. Underpinned all activities with quality systems ensuring recognition
against external benchmarks. Developed internal quality framework from first to last contact
based on the ISO and IiP. Provided employees with routes to personal and professional
development meeting business needs. Achieved accreditation and re-accreditation.
Programmes Manager 1999 - 2000
Managed retail and management development programmes
• Re-established high quality learning reputation. Reviewed reasons for loss focussing on
product and service areas. Marketed provision in employee and commercial leadership
development, consulted awarding bodies to accredit College programmes. Led directly to three
fold increases clients and learners.
• Grew business in existing markets. Planned effective marketing programmes resulting in
five-fold increase in level of business with existing clients.
Regional Manager (Concorde Professional Development) 1994 - 1999
Programme Manager/Retail Studies Lecturer (Cornwall College) 1990 - 1994
Special Projects/Store Manager (Oxford & Swindon Co-operative Society) 1984 - 1990
Branch Manager (Bejam, later Iceland frozen Foods) 1979 - 1984
Assistant Manager (Keymarkets Ltd) 1975 - 1979
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner Certificate 2009
CMI Executive Diploma in Strategic Management 2007
OCR NVQ Level 4 in Human Resource Development 2001
CIPD NVQ Level 4 in Training and Development 1998
Open University: Masters’ Degree in Education Management 1995
City and Guilds: NVQ Level 4 in Field Sales Management 1995
University of Plymouth: Certificate in Education 1994
Henley Management College: Postgraduate Diploma in Management 1993
Henley Management College: NVQ Level 5 in Management 1993
City and Guilds NVQ 3 Including Internal Verifier, APL & Assessor Awards 1993
City and Guilds: Further and Adult Education Teachers’ Certificate 1992
Companion of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
Licentiate of City and Guilds of the London Institute (Training and Development)
Current and Recent Roles Professional and Community Roles
Member Global Co-operative Human Resources Committee
Director and Secretary, Woodway Gate Housing Association
Chair United Kingdom Co-operative HR Forum
General Council Member, National Association of Co-operative Officials
Chair, Co-operative Funeral Vocational Development Group
Chair, Co-operative Training Forum
Parent Governor and Vice Chair of Governors
Renovating and restoring French house in the Herault.
Photography, United Kingdom and foreign travel,
supporting the personal, community and professional
development of others.