2. Social influence was a hot topic this year, so today we’re going to takeanother look at exactly what it is, and how you can prepare to get some in 2012.
3. There are a lot of definitions availableon the internet explaining what socialinfluence is about, but we’re going togive it to you from the viewpoint of a social marketer.
4. Why Does Social Influence Matter?
5. Social influence happens, when you’ve gained enough authority and credibility online to influence your reader’s decisions or actions. This comes from a great content strategy, and a lot of work feeding your social campaigns. It can be intentional or unintentional – but it does matter.
6. If you look at any social marketer’s ultimate goal – sales – then you’ll begin to understand why social influence is important. The more influence you have over your community, the more they will listen to you, buy from you and share yourcontent with the world. It’s an ongoing process, and it does fluctuate.
7. How Do I Gain Social Influence?
8. Social influence is gained when yourcontent starts to make a real impact on your readers. Whether its video, image or text content – it allcontributes to your overall influence.
9. This ‘influence’ can differ from platform to platform, depending on how much effort and time you’ve spent stimulating and entertainingyour communities there. As such, you need to keep an eye on where your business messages make the most impact.
10. The first step is getting your readership to take your advice. Once they trust you, they will be more inclined tobecome a social contributor, and share your content with their communities. They’ll also feel confident taking part in your buying process, because they know your advice or content is worth buying.
11. When you increase your socialinfluence, more people begin sharing, buying and listening to you.
12. How Do I Measure Social Influence?
13. In 2011, a lot of companies came up with ways to measure your social influence. First of all, these are basically flawed, so take the results with a pinch of salt. View them asguidelines, and you can get a general idea of your social reach.
14. Klout is the front runner, and measures your overall influence online. All you have to do is add in all of your social accounts. It tells you handy details, like who you’ve beeninfluencing and how. There are severalother social measurement sites aroundthat can give you an indication of how influential you are.
15. Check out Peer Index, SproutSocial and Twylah for detailed break down’s of the way you are influencing your community. Don’t take these scores literally though, they change very quickly. When you’re contributing a lot, they’ll be high – when you’ve slowed down, they’ll drop. Don’t become obsessed with the numbers!
16. Think of creative ways you can boost your social influence in 2012. It willimprove your social sales funnel, and that means more growth in the new year!
17. Social Media Marketing University(SMMU) is the creation of John Paul Souza, a serial entrepreneur whos held senior managerial positions at Banc America Capital ManagementGroup and JP Morgan Chase. Serving marketing professionals,
18. entrepreneurs and corporations,SMMU differentiates itself by offering hands-on training from hands-onexperts who are actively applying their skills on real-world projects.
19. SMMU was recently honored as one of the top 5 finalists by the leading blog site, Mashable, as one of the top provider of social media services for businesses. The firm has earned the title of "most trusted social media firm" with over 900 unsolicited testimonials.
20. For more information about socialmedia webinars and social media online courses, please visithttp://www.socialmediamarketinguniversity.com