Target Audience Research
By Chloe-Ann Dorward
My Main Focus
• My main focus is to receive feedback on
whether my script is effective when looking at
my synopsis as well.
• I asked my audience to see if they could pick
out any key themes or issues and whether my
synopsis and script went well together to give
myself a better awareness of what i needed to
I explored a range of elements which included;
• Qualitative research consists of open question
that aims to gather longer answers which
attempts to obtain the respondents first-hand
knowledge of the questions that are being
Primary Research is Undertaken
• I have chosen to undertake primary research
which is first-hand. I did this by creating
• I found that this was a more effective way as it
was more specified to my subject matter.
• However the only down side that found to this
method was that it was time consuming,
therefore, the answers might not of been up to
their potential as they could of been rushed.
Audience Evaluation Questions
The two question related to audience are;
Who would be the audience for your product?
How did you attract/address you audience?
My research will help to answer these
questions as I will have more awareness about
an audience’s knowledge. This also allows the
audience to express their own opinions and
• I have chosen to ask 5 questions as I realised
that if I was to ask more then this would of
been very time consuming.
• The questions that I asked relate to key
elements, such as themes and issues.
• What is your overall opinion of the Synopsis?
• Are you interested in the themes and issues
that are in the synopsis and the script?
• What are your feelings towards the script?
• Are there any details missing from the script?
• Did you see any similarities between the
synopsis and the script? If so what were they?
•As my questions were much more open this gave the
respondents the ability to give more feedback and
express their ideas more rather then just ticking a box
and not being able to add on a second opinion.
•My questions were structured in a way that the
respondent was able to look at key parts of the script and
synopsis and identify and specific points that needed
•The quality of feedback that I received was extremely
helpful as I know have more awareness of what changes i
could apply to my script and synopsis to make them fit
the genre of social realism more.