2. A launchpadPromote and nurture hi-tech entrepreneurship in China through a mentorship driven ecosystem, which will return benefits to all participants Founders MentorsExecutive Board Investors
3. What we provide• Chinaccelerator helps kickstart early-stage entrepreneurs into success!• We offer extensive support for startupsincluding seed funding, mentorship, networkand help startups to grow and succeed• The fund targets exclusively startupsfocusing on web and other emergingtechnologiesWe are Looking for: • Stellar teams • Globally innovative ideas • Disruptive biz models
4. The Process Open call for Preliminary Pick applications Reception of application Evaluation for interviews applicationsChinaccelerator Secondary Interviews day Final evaluation evaluation Program Fund Raising
5. What’s going on Investor Day Lean +60 Financials & Funding Demo Market Dev Startup days Accounting Models Preparation DEMO FundBiz Track +100 Days raising Customer +30 Lessons Business +90 Lessons Development days Learned Models days Learned API Cloud Stats Tech Track Platform Check Development Wireframes UX Design Focus Groups Design Track Product Design
6. Why this worksby entrepreneursfor entrepreneurs innovation environment
7. The Vault
8. Demo Day!
9. From abroad to China• Chinaccelerator enables foreign startups to • Take advantage of local resources (Develop in China) • Source / develop effectively hardware related products (Operate in China) • Launch your product in China and other North-East Asian countries (Build for China)• They’ve done it! • Buz (getbuz.com) from Dublin came over, built a piece of hardware and launched in Boston • Aylien (aylien.com) from Tehran came over, recruited few folks and launched in the US• We help you with housing, food, etc... evenlaundry if you ask nicely
10. From China to the world• Chinaccelerator enables China startups to • Build up agressive business models for China market • Develop your product for international markets thanks to our extensive experience and network• They’ve done it! • DCZ (dcz.co) from Dalian launched a successful iPad app aimed at US market • Vamosinc (vamosinc.com) from Qingdao launched an international P2P video platform for the masses• Your temporary relocation to Dalian is easy!We help you with housing, food, etc...
11. First Batch Startups Semantic web/US Video/Qingdao LBS/IrelandSocial/Dalian Event/Shanghai Mobile/Dalian
12. Chinaccelerator batch II• Starting in June 2011, ending mid-September• 3.5 months before demo day ; 15 dayssupport for fund raising• 10 startups• Phase 1: Mentor immersion• Phase 2: Business and Product acceleration• Phase 3: Demo crash course• Phase 4: Fundraising• Program will be held in Dalian, Ascendas• Applications from March to May 2011
13. Startups, why you should apply!Learn from the best• Mentoring & networking• Leverage advices & connections in tech &business from other “doers”Smooth Start• Office Space, snacks and all• Advices on legal / accounting issues• Seed capital to cover some operationalexpenses during the “acceleration" period• Access to investors through “Demo Day” at theend of the program
14. Who is on the teamThe Executive Team is composed of: • Sean OSullivan • Cyril Ebersweiler • Other private investors / advisorsVery Important elements to our success: • Our support team • Our network of MENTORS!
17. What they say about us...Mentors• Sean O’Sullivan (founder @ SOSventures):“Our hope with Chinaccelerator was to create an environment for thosewho had brilliant dreams to launch them. By combining incrediblytalented developers with mentors and seed money, we’ve helped a handfulof what we think will be significant entrepreneurs get their first chance”• Benjamin (Founder @ +8Star):"Chinaccelerator is laying the ground for the next breed of techentrepreneurs in China. The ecosystem built including fellowentrepreneurs, mentors and companies is expected to pay off nicedividends to all parties involved."Startups• Parsa Ghaffari (founder @ Aylien):“Chinaccelerator was like a particle accelerator to me: aiming for theright direction, then shooting hard and fast. So fast that the dots becomelines.”• Andy Dai (Founder @ DCZ):“Chinaccelerator rocks! Its the place where you will meetwith future millionaires!”