Topic 1: Are today’s teens going overboard?
• Do all teens just smoke and drink & Are
teenagers just drinking and smoking to
act ‘cool’ for friends or is it a cry for help?
• Are all teens the same or a?
• What influences teenagers to behave the
way they do?
• I will discuss how the internet influences
drinking by such challenges as the
‘Drinking Game’ for various TV shows.
- Are todays teens getting out of
hand? And is it the medias fault
or is it their parents?
- Why does the media and
parents criticise teenagers for
drink and smoking, when their
main influence is TV’s such as
skins and a The Inbetweeners.
Example over here:
Skins Drinking Game
I will discuss:
• If teenagers family status affects their
behaviour. Such as single-parent
families, nuclear families etc.
• How parents smoking affects their
• How your location in the world
affects your behaviour.
Effects of underage drinking include:
- School problems, such as higher absence
and poor or failing grades.
- Social problems, such as fighting and lack of
participation in youth activities.
- Higher risk for suicide and homicide.
- Memory problems.
- Abuse of other drugs.
- Death from alcohol poisoning.
Topic 2: Does good education guarantee a good
• Todays society is in the middle of a
recession, meaning many people are
losing their jobs and having qualifications
does not always mean a guaranteed job.
• Also, many people are being replaced by
machines that can do their jobs quicker
and more efficiently for less of the cost.
- Are good grades and a degree
essential to having a ‘good job’?
- What is the effect of having a
degree vs not having one?
- Does good grades always mean
- Does a degree always mean
- Is further education essential
for a ‘good’ job?
then and now
Topic 3: Does music change our perceptions of
• Music videos we see today
• Lyrics in music today
- Does the music people
listen to influence their
I will discuss:
- How lyrics can influence ones
behaviour (rap music etc)
- Does music of today change
our perceptions of reality?
Person Topic Why?
Karina, 37 1 I would like to know what todays
teenagers are up to.
Adina, 12 3 I like music and I would like to learn
more about it.
Maria, 17 2 Its an interesting subject and many can
relate to it.
Tajah, 7 3 Because I really like music and listening
Rebecca, 17 1 I think it would be fun to watch this
and compare teens to myself and
Amanda, 17 1 Teenagers are stereotyped a lot and it
would be interesting to see things from
Shenae, 11 2 I think school is important and going to
Chante, 17 3 I’m a fan of different types of music
and this sounds interesting.
Annette, 40 2 I think it’s a really important topic that
lots of people need to learn about.
• “Do all teens just smoke
and drink & engage in
• Are all teens the same?
• What influences teenagers
to behave the way they
• As a teenager, I can see from
their point of view
• I can interview my peers for
• I can find arguments for and
against arguments raised
• It is a practical topic
• It is an everyday
• Our environment allows us to
meet and question several
different types of people
about this topic.