After taking the various photographs for our promotional poster we putthe images on the computer. Looking through the images, we found thatthis photograph best represented our genre so the next step was to openthe photograph on Adobe Photoshop. After successful doing this wethought about our ideas and how to incorporate them. Whileexperimenting with different effects we came across the motion through This was effective atgoing on blur through the filter. We found this effective because by blur bringing attention to theit made it seem as though the photograph was taken while moving. We artist.felt as though it would work on the background, surrounding the artist ,to have the motion effect we had to select the area that we wanted to beeffected, this was done by using the magnetic lasso tool as you can see inthe image on the right. We used this tool because it allowed us to easilyselect the areas, then we were able to change the amount of blur to 31.This enabled us to the see the blur, but also see the background.
Moving on, we trialled different filters on the photograph,however we mainly focused on the black and white effects.To get the filter to be grey, we had to change the colour ofthe swatches to black and white in that specific order, toget the effect that we achieved. One effect that we lookedat was conte crayon, this was good as because it was clear.Nevertheless, this effect we thought was generic so wedecided to try others. This lead us to reticulation,collectively we were attracted to this effect and becausewe are apart of our target audience using this filter wouldsurely be effective at engaging our specific audience. Thiseffect emulated a professional promotional poster becauseof its uniqueness, making it stand out.
Because of the filter effect we used on the image it was not for us to do extensive editing. Sincewe felt that we had finished editing and was pleased with the out come, we then had to save thephotograph as a jpeg in order for it to be placed on Adobe Indesign. To place the image we made alayer, this enabled us to lock it if needed so it wont be affected, and allows us to move separatelayers around. The reason for placing the images on a different programme was because Indesignfeatures a wide range of fonts , options that involve manipulating the fonts. Also from pastexperiences we knew that the end product on Indesign would be of a high standard.
Following on from placing the image on a new document, the first idea that we wanted to incorporate washaving the name of artist at the top of the poster ‘Katy B’. For the promotional poster to successfullyadvertise the artist and our DVD the font had to large and clear to catch the viewers eye. Although thecolour of the font was oringially black, we starting we felt white would stand out, as well as fitting in with thetheme. To change the colour of one of the swatches, as you can see from one of the images above that wehad to move the arrow depending on the colour that we wanted more of . To achieve the colour white onthe text it was highlighted, and all the arrows had to be moved to the left. The original type of font we hadwas called ‘Helvetica’, this was good presenting the name clearly .
From this image you can see that we made a change to the font changing it from itsoriginal choice, to futura. This gave the text a futuristic feel ,as it resembled a digitaltheme. We were attracted to this idea at first, because we had the artists name in afuturistic font, we felt that this could represent how she symbolises the future of rnbbecause she crosses over in multiple genres such as dubstep and funky, this wouldalso widen her target audience. Again from the image above, you can see we addedanother layer on top of the photograph in preparation to write some more on thepromotional poster to give more information to the audience, in order for them tobecome engaged with the poster.