In this 1 hour webinar hosted by CharityNet USA, we discuss how CharityNet can help your nonprofit raise $10,000 in 10 weeks! For more information on fundraising, please visit:
In this 1 hour webinar hosted by CharityNet USA, we discuss how CharityNet can help your nonprofit raise $10,000 in 10 weeks! For more information on fundraising, please visit: http://www.charitynetusa.com/fundraising.php
1. A Program that Combines Capacity Building &
Fundraising to Grow your Nonprofit!
10 x 10 Program Leader
2. • CharityNet USA: A “One-stop” resource
center for nonprofit organizations
• Key Speaker: David Pulver
• Recorded Session Available At:
3. • Conflicts Facing Nonprofit Organizations
• Overview of the Program
• How the Program Works
• Getting Started
4. – As of July 2009 there were over 1.5 Million
registered organizations in the U.S.,
• Public Charities
• Private Foundations
• Other or Unknown Nonprofits
• Source: IRS Business Master File (BMF) (July 2009), Urban Institute National Center for Charitable Statistics(NCCS)
5. • The recent economic downturn increased
the demand for nonprofit services, while
increasing financial constraints.
• Specifically, startup organizations are in a
struggle to obtain the startup funding
necessary to instill strong foundation and
6. • Raising money to support its operations and
programs is usually the most difficult task
that any not-for-profit organization faces.
So, where does that leave nonprofits?
To shifting the focus for heavily on:
• Building Relationships
• Recruiting Volunteers
• Motivating & Retaining
• Identifying & Allocating Funds
7. •Fundraising for Capacity Building:
– Would you build a house without a
– If you don’t have the basics in place - a
strategic plan, web presence, marketing,
grant campaign, accounting systems- you
have nothing to build your programs upon.
– As you start out, it is important to ensure your
organization’s future success by investing in
critical capacity building initiatives early on.
8. • Unfortunately, many startup nonprofits do not
have the funds or expertise to obtain the
necessary business fundamentals such as:
– 501c3 IRS Tax Exemption
– State Exemption
– A Strategic Plan
– Grant Funding
– A Web site
– Marketing Collateral
9. • CharityNet USA has developed the “10x10”
program specifically for startup & early-stage
• We can help you raise the funds to invest in
these essential business fundamentals!
• More specifically, if given a 100% effort by
your organization you can raise…
11. It’s Simple…
 The program works by providing your
nonprofit with an achievable plan for
success over a 10 week period.
 This will include multiple fundraising
events designed to raise money and
build awareness of your organization!
12. • You will begin the
process by completing
our nonprofit review
13. • We assess what critical elements are
needed to build a solid foundation for
future growth of your organization.
• These items may include:
• Obtaining 501c3 Status
• Developing a Strategic Plan
• Building a Website
14. • We will place each of the identified
items into a different phase, with a goal
to achieve it during the 10 x 10 timeline.
– Phase 1: By the end of phase one your organization
should begin paperwork to file for 501c3 tax
exemption and begin the process of building your
– Phase 2: By the end of phase two it is critical to file
for 501c3 status by the IRS.
15. • Each phase is accompanied by a simple
fundraising event that is already planned
out with easy to follow steps and ready for
your organization to conquer.
• Once you implement and complete the
event you will return to us for the next phase
of the program.
• A portion of the funds raised in the previous
phase, will then be put toward the
fundamentals identified for that specific
16. • Before you begin
executing each phase
of the 10 x 10 program
you should begin by
organizing a core
17. • Car Wash
– Cost: $25
– Planning: 1 Day
– ROI Goal: $500
Execute by Week 2
18. • Small Business
– Cost: $100
– Planning: 1 Week
– ROI Goal: $1,500
– Timeframe: Execute
by Week 4
21. • At the end of the program you will not only
have raised the necessary funds to support
your organization, but you will also have
taken the critical steps to raising
awareness and growing
capital for your
22. I. Startup Basics IV. Increase Funding Strategies
– EIN – Develop Fee-Based Services
– Incorporation – Seek Corporate Sponsorship
– Open Bank Account – Implement Foundation Grants
– 501c3 – Develop Donor recognition
– Bylaws Program
– State Registration & Tax exempt
V. Management Initiatives
II. Startup Fundraising – Utilize CharityNet Professional
– Recruit Volunteer Fundraising Team Consultant
– Train, Motivate & Reward Fundraising – Fiscal Sponsorship Program
Team – Establish Bookkeeping process
– Plan & Execute 3-5 Fundraising Events – Develop Strategic Plan
– Develop Donation Letter – Policies
– Develop Programs for board
III. Creating Awareness Governance
– Biz Cards/Flyers/Brochures/Post Cards – Develop Board Member
– Develop Website or Add Content Handbook/Forms
– Recruit PR Spokesperson Volunteer – Develop Volunteer Recruitment
– Seek letters VIP Public Officials Process
23. VI. Marketing Strategies – In Some states—Tax Returns (ex.
– Develop Tag Line 990-IL, CA Form 199)
– PR Campaign – Meeting Minutes
– Publish Newsletter to Create – Renewal Charitable Organization
Awareness of Upcoming Events Registration
– Write Press release - Local media
– Register in Social Media Networks VIII. Major Funding Strategies
– Register in Nonprofit Directories – Identify Local Professional
– Establish a Blog Fundraiser
– Develop Website SEO Strategies – Plan Major Capital Campaign
VII. Financial Management &
– State Annual Reports
– IRS Form 990
– Formal Annual Report to
24. • Provide a steady stream of income for your
• Give you the money to invest in developing
a strong organization through getting in
place the essential administrative needs.
• Create a more "visible" presence of your
organization, making fundraising easier in
• Set your organization on the right path to
mission fulfillment and future success!
26. • The truth is that fundraising will always be
a long-term, ongoing project.
• This starts with recruiting volunteers,
motivating and retaining those valuable
individuals, and by identifying the best
sources of short-term income to help
build organizational capacity.
• All of this can be achieved by
participating in the 10 x 10 Program!
27. 1. Select the option to “contact you” in
the exit survey.
2. A nonprofit consultant will contact you
to take care of the initial setup steps.
a. Nonprofit Review & Informational Discussion
3. You will receive your fundraising team kit
along with the first phase to the
28. • Contact Us
• Nicole Roach: Nicole@bizcentralusa.com
• David: David@bizcentralusa.com
• Visit www.CharityNetUSA.com or Call 407-857-9002
www.twitter.com/charitynetusa Facebook Fan Page: