INSIGHT: Most fundraisers are new and lacking confidence.
• 80% of participants were first timers at the City2Surf
• 19% are primarily fundraising motivated.
• 40% of people who have fundraising as a primary focus raised over $1,000
• 36% had ‘low commitment’ to fundraising
• 30% were not confident of reaching their target
Segment communications into new and established. Inspire and give
Acknowledge the effort as well as the funds raised. Many people may not
reach their target but they should feel fantastic about choosing you.TIP
INSIGHT: A lack of clarity around what I can achieve leads to
• 43% report being disappointed with their own fundraising effort.
• Only 12% of fundraisers report being given a target to achieve.
INSIGHT: The 80:20 or 62:16 rule.
• 16% of fundraisers delivered 62% of the income
INSIGHT: A higher target is associated with higher income and
potential to exceed.
Focus efforts on the 16%. Identify them by ambitious but realistic target settingTIP
INSIGHT: Specific, tangible and personal – strongest influencers
Provide your fundraisers the information they need to make personal and relevan
INSIGHT: Be specific, tangible and personal – strongest
influencers of value.
Check that your fundraisers are following up their initial asksTIP
INSIGHT: Fundraisers who follow up initial requests raise more.
IS INTENTIONALLY LEFT
FREE OF GRAPHS
Consider P2P fundraising as a type of regular giving. Establish one or two key eve
for them to join in each year. Frame beat your previous amount as a guide.
INSIGHT: P2P fundraisers are willing to do more of the same.
Insight: Asking again.
9 months seems to be the optimum time for asking friends again.
Respect the time interval
• 42% of donors say they would respond to specific ask
• 52% said they would of given more if asked
Suggest fundraisers ask for a specific amount that is more than $50
and will make a difference
INSIGHT: Fundraisers are still not providing insight or guidance
on what to donate.
Develop a peer donor contact strategy. They could be your warmest leads.TIP
INSIGHT: Peer Donors may be your donors already.
Insight: Over 70% of fundraisers ran with a friend,
family member or as part of a team.
Use friends to recruit more fundraisers - Consider ‘member get a member’
• The psychology of teams is very
• Teams report help with training and
‘companionship’ as the most
• Fundraising help and advice is a
Help team captains inspire fundraisingTIP
INSIGHT: Get teams to focus on fundraising.