Transcript of "Easy, low cost ways to improve your website"
Easy, low-cost ways to
improve your website
Low cost ways to:
Understand your users
Improve your website
Get more users
• What did you want to do last time you visited
• How easy was it to complete what you wanted
• Was there anything you were unable to do?
• How would you rate our website out of 10?
What do we have to do make it a 10?
• Is there anything we can add to the site to
encourage you to donate to us next time you
• Service users
Openhallway.com Free for 10 min sessions, $19 per month
Silverbackapp.com Free 30 day trial, $69.95 to buy
• Audience – goal – value – volume
(repeated for each primary audience group)
• Finding your website
• Page impressions/visits/estimate of visitors
• Where do people leave?
• Site search – what are people looking for?
• Conversion rates for funnels
• Is it clear what you want your users to do on the
• Are all key goals signposted on the homepage?
• Is there a relevant call to action on every page?
• Do you check every page once every three
• Do you review the usage of every page once a