* Intel core i7 is a family of three Intel desktop
processor; the first processor released using
the Intel Nehalem micro architecture and the
successor to the Intel Core 2 family. All three
models are quad core processors
* A quad core processor consists of four cores.
Quad core technology is a type of technology
that includes two separate dual-core dies,
where dual-core means a CPU that includes
two complete execution cores per physical
processor, installed together in one CPU
* They are 64 bit processors. In computer
architecture, 64-bit integers, memory
addresses, or other data units are those that
are at most 64 bits (8 octets) wide. Also, 64-bit
CPU and ALU architectures are those that are
based on registers, address buses, or data
buses of that size.
* The more cores there are, the more tasks
(known as threads) can be served at the same
* Core i3s are dual-core processors.
* Core i5s are quad-core processors.
* Core i7 are also quad-core processor with
* COREi7-High end processor. They are also the
fastest and the most expensive in the lot.
* Total 4 Cores are present as they are quad core
The range of clock speeds is 1.06 GHz to 3.20 GHz
8MB of cache is given.
* Turbo Boost technology Supported, Hyper-Threading
support+ a total of eight threads simultaneously
* The IGP[Integrated Graphics] on Core i7 processors
can also reach a higher maximum clock speed of
1350 MHz 32-45 nm Silicon (less heat and energy)
* The instruction decoder has three decoder units that can
decode one simple instruction per cycle per unit.
* The other decoder unit can decode one instruction every
cycle, either simple instruction or complex instruction made
up of several micro-ops.
* Instructions made up of more than four micro-ops are
delivered from the MSROM.
* Up to four micro-ops can be delivered each cycle to the
instruction decoder queue (IDQ).
* The IDQ delivers micro-op stream to the allocation/renaming
stage of the pipeline.
* The name continues the use of the Intel Core
brand. Core i7, first assembled in Costa Rica,
was officially launched on November 17,
2008 and is manufactured in Arizona, New
Mexico and Oregon.
* I7 processors are the most highly advanced
processor ever created.
* It is called the highly advanced processor
because it has more than three cores the
tasks of the processor is divided into these
core because that each core has single task
the processing will be very fast.