2. Leadership Motives :-‡Leaders have an intense desire to occupy a positionof responsibility for others and to control them.‡This desire is evident in four needs or motives, all ofwhich can be considered task related.
3. 1. The power motive :- leader wants to influence others Act with vigor & determination to exert power. Spend time, thinking of ways to alter behavior and thinking of others. Care about personal standing with those around them.
4. Personalized Power Motive: Leader with such motive seek power to further their own interest For them power is status symbols ( luxury & money ) Socialized Power Motive: Achieve organizational goals or vision Help others & for the benefit of the entire organization
5. 2. Drive & Achievement MotiveDrive refer to a propensity to put forth high energyinto achieving goal.Drive also include achievement motivationLeader Achieve through one’s own efforts & takeresponsibility for success or failure Take moderate risks that can be handled through one’s owneffortsReceive feedback on there level or performance .Introduce novel, innovative, or creative solution.Plan and set goals.
6. 3. Strong Work Ethics :Effective leaders have strong work ethicsLeaders have firm belief in the dignity of workValue hard workThey believe that group task is worthwhile
7. 4) Tenacity: (persistence ,determination)Tenacious leaders are better at overcoming obstaclesSuch leaders have a sense of purpose and a willfuldetermination to achieve what they want.
9. Characteristic of leader:- Communication skills Enthusiastic Orderly Ambitious
10. Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani (Dhirubhai) The second son of a school teacher, Dhirubhai was born in 1932 in the village of Chorwad in Gujarat In 1949, at the age of 17, he went to Aden (now Yemen) in search of opportunity, and worked as a dispatch clerk for A. Besse & Co. A couple of years later, the company became a distributor for Shell products and Dhirubhai was promoted to manage the company’s oil- filling station at the port of Aden.“Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambition higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India.” =dhiru bhai ambani=
11.  1932 Dhirubhai Ambani was born. 1949 At the age of 17, he went to Aden, and worked for A. Besse & Co., the sole selling distributor of Shell products. 1958 Dhirubhai Ambani returned to India and Started his first company in Mumbai, Reliance Commercial Corporation,a commodity trading and export house. 1966 Set up a textile mill in Naroda, Ahmedabad - the first step in Reliancesroad to success. .1986 Dhirubhai suffers stroke. Anil and Mukesh catapulted to the hot seat. 1988 Fibre intermediates and chemical production starts. 1995 becomes the first indian company to report a net profit of rs-10 billion.
12. Dhiru bhai ambani was a born leader.THE STARTING Few men in history have made asdramatic a contribution to their country’s economicfortunes as did the founder of Reliance.THE LEADER What do you call a man who hates tolose? A winner?That is too easy, too glib, and buries the story. AllDhirajlal Hirachand Ambani ever wanted to be isthe biggest there ever is, the best there ever was. Hewanted a piece of the action — preferably all of it
13. . Winners focus, mastering the ability toaccomplish. And Shri Dhirubhai was the master ofmasts. This is the first lesson we learn from him: befocussed on whatever you plan to do till you achieveit. He was always open- minded. He was hungry fornew ideas and never discounted any idea or person.we learn from him: always be open-minded, because when you have an open mind youassimilate more, become solution-oriented and makemore progress in life. He was a big dreamer. He always believed that hewas worthy of his dream. He said you will becomethe person you believe yourself to be.
14. He was a man who introduce new “ism” forleaders and any kind of manager.Dhirubhaism No 1: The silent benefactor.. “Expect the unexpected”Dhirubhaism No 2: Dream big but dream withyour eyes open.Dhirubhaism No 3: Change your orbit, constantly!. Changing orbits is the key to our progress as anation.Dhirubhaism No 4: ideas are no one’s monopoly-- "Think big. Think differently. Think fast. Thinkahead. Aim for the best".Dhirubhaism 5: For him, his people were his mostimportant asset.
15. Some others who told some thing about dhiru bhai ambani"The country has lost an iconic proof of what anordinary Indian fired by the spirit of enterpriseand driven by determination, can achieve in hisown lifetime. Not only did Ambani build a largeand diversified business conglomerate but alsoinspired many first generation entrepreneurs withhis success."- Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Ex PrimeMinister, Republic of India
16. "Dhirubhai built an empire that is rocksolid and he will always remain an icon."-Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman, AdityaVikram Birla Group.