EAL- precise vocabulary, reduction of community language used by children and staff in school, visual and kinaesthetic resources, correct use of grammar by all staff, reduction in empty language- the thing, it.ICT- Ipads, software, film study, link with Literacy.Teacher subject knowledge- who to teach complex sentence, comma splicing- how do objectives translate in learning.
Links with local Mosque and community leaders to improve attendance
PM- supported redraft of PM objectives and process in line with new teacher standards. Staff taking more ownership of the process and providing evidence of meeting standards.Adapted PPR- additional meeting for vulnerable groups including FSM and SEN New culture- new team. Shared values. Moving on staff who are not on the busMiddle leader- school improvement not driven by head and deputy. Focus on our middle leaders- support and challenge, buidling capacity, recruitment.
Reviewers assess quality of feedback that is given to staffWritten feedback- Does this focus on the learning?
The Quality Assurance Review - Niv Vitarana, Hayes Primary School
The Quality Assurance Review
Hayes Primary School
• 3 form entry primary
• Majority white British Pupils
• Low numbers of pupil premium children
• Low numbers of SEN children
• 5 form entry (growing to 1000 children)
• Recently amalgamated
• Very low numbers of White British pupils
• High numbers of Pupil Premium children.
My Learning- Teaching and Learning
• Supporting EAL pupils
• Use of ICT in the curriculum
• Importance of teachers really understanding
the skills that underpin the national
My Learning: Behaviour
• Clear procedures for attendance
• Strategies for improving attendance
• Protocols for fines
My Learning: Leadership
• Performance Management
• Pupil Performance Meetings
• Developing a new culture
• Importance of middle leaders to drive school
• School improvement thread- data-SEF-SDP-
• Discussion with other school leaders
• Discussion with lead reviewer
• Different context, same challenge.
• CP reviewers should be part of some of the
• Quality assure the quality of the written
feedback that is made by reviewers.