2. IRRI International Research InstituteHelped Filipino farmers increase theirrice production by developing newtechnologiesA nonprofit organization that sourcesfunding from government and the privatesector world wideex. ADB, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
3. > IRRI-developed technologies wereinitially tested and perfected in thePhilippines before they werebrought to other countriesContribute to more than 300%increase in our rice production.Los Banos, Laguna in 1960
4. People employed:900 headquarters1,200 contract farmers*support local families = contributionin our economy
5. >provide scholarships>OJTs>Riceworld Museum, theInternational Rice Genebank,and the other facilities at IRRI’sLos Baños headquartersreceive 40-50,000 visitors ayear including around 25,000students and over 1,000farmers.
6. >IRRI mobilized itsstaff to raise moneyand donate goods tolocal residentssuffering the worstform typhoons.>medical missions,seminars
7. 1.)UPLB (University of the Philippines LoBaños) -support in the land where IRRI islocated -IRRI donates equipments to UPLB -staff mentors UPLB students (undertaking their doctorate studies)
8. >PhilRice (Philippine Rice ResearchInstitute) -IRRI allows PhilRice to access theirlaboratories and the International RiceGenebank
9. >76 varities in the Philippines are attributedto IRRI>3 new rice varieties Flood-tolerant Drought-tolerant Salt-tolerant*Rice growing lands that are less productive willbecome more productive w/ the new varieties