• 1. Drills: Multiplication and Division, Divisibility Tests• 2. Prime or Composite?• 3. Objectives for 1.5• 4. Math Journal #4
1. Factor whole numbers. To factor a whole number means to Find the factors of 20. express it as the product of other whole numbers.Step 1: Find all the pairs of wholenumbers whose product is 20.
2. Identify even and odd whole numbers, prime numbers and composite numbers. If a number is evenly A prime number only has factors of itself and 1. Composite divisible by 2 it is even, if numbers are numbers greater it is not, it is odd. than 1 that are not prime.Is 39 a prime number?Is 57 a prime number?
3. Find prime factorizations using a factor tree.Every prime number can One way of prime factorization is bybe formed by multiplying using a factor tree.a specific combination ofprime numbers. 90 9 10This process is calledprime factorization. 3 3 2 5
3. Find prime factorizations using a factor tree.Use the factor tree to 126find the primefactorization of 126. 2 63 9 7 3 3
4. Find prime factorizations using a divisionladder. One way of prime factorization is by using a division ladder.2 280 108 Begin with the smallest prime number, 2.2 140 Since 35 is not evenly divisible by 2,2 70 go to the next prime number that will5 35 go evenly into 35. 3 won’t work, so let’s try 5. 7 Since the result is 7, and 7 is a prime number, we are finished.
5. Use exponential notation.An exponent is used to indicaterepeated multiplication. Write each product using exponents.
6. Evaluate exponential expressions. Find the value of the following expressions.
• Write for 5 minutes. You do not need to sensor yourself.• People who are good at math _____________.