Tutorial how to use a picture as a presentation slide background
- 635 views
http://www.carlkwan.com As promised, here's the tutorial on using a picture as a PowerPoint background. This also works for anyone like me who uses Apple's Keynote. ...
http://www.carlkwan.com As promised, here's the tutorial on using a picture as a PowerPoint background. This also works for anyone like me who uses Apple's Keynote.
Why should you do this?
Well, if your slides stand out from normal presentation slides, your presentation will stick better in the audience's mind.
In the slides, you'll see the following...
1. Slides from a real presentation that I fixed and added pictures for the backgrounds.
2. You'll see the Before, then I’ll show you how to get from the Before to the After.
The steps I took can be done in PowerPoint or Keynote. The slides in the example presentation were all made in PowerPoint for Mac. Don't worry, as pretty much everything in the PC version of PowerPoint does the same thing.
So here are the six steps I took:
1. Alignment is a fast way to make a presentation more professional looking; use a left-align as your default to avoid design faults.
2. Use pictures that are relevant to your topic; make sure the picture size is the same or bigger than your slide size.
3. If a picture doesn’t have good colours, change it to black and white.
4. Make your titles bigger to create contrast and to help the audience see better.
5. Don't trap text in a bordered text box... Set it free!
6. Use a black box set at 75% transparency to use as a background for your text.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views