s your nonprofit reaching women and harnessing their power for social change? If your nonprofit is not actively marketing to women and recruiting them, your organization is missing out on major fundraising opportunities. During last week’s webinar The She Spot – Best Practices in Marketing to Women, Lisa Witter co-author of the book The She Spot and Morra Aarons-Mele of Women Online discussed why women are the market for changing the world and how to reach them.
“Women have numerical advantages,” said Witter and Mele. The average profile of a volunteer in the US is a working mother. Surprised? Check out these stats.
* Women give more to nonprofits then men.
* In the last four presidential elections, women voted at higher percentages then men.
* Women are connectors. Women are twice as likely to pass on information about your cause. So if your organization is not connecting with women in your campaigns, your nonprofit is missing out on major word of mouth marketing.
* Women make 83% of consumer purchasing decisions.
* Latina women are 3.5x more likely to respond to direct mail.
* 70% of women say that it’s important for companies to engage in corporate social responsibility and be active in their local community.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.