Canela credentials december 2013Presentation Transcript
We know how to make noise
What you should know about Canela
Canela in numbers
• 8 years experience
• 12 communication consultants
• 3 offices Barcelona, Lisbon and
• 3 of our clients are number 1 in their
sector (Lenovo, Getty Images,
• A turnover of 650.000 Euros
• 2 SABRE nominations Best PR
Campaign in Iberia and best
Consumer Technology campaign Spain
What you should know about Canela
• Autonomous - We are independent,
flexible and most importantly agile
• Open - No budget is too small and no
client is too big
• Artisanal - We form part of your team
and always go the extra mile
• Ahead of the game- Our team is always
ahead of the latest trends in PR and social
• Multilingual - We have excellent
practitioners are bilingual
What we offer
• Proactive press office
• Planning & Strategy
• Product and service
• Social Media profiles set
• Product Reviews program
• Community Management
• Public Affairs*
• Corporate and Executive
• Content creation &
• Speaker Bureau
• Events Management
• Competitions and
• Thought leadership
• Media Training
• Access to an International
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Crisis Management
• Opinion articles
Brands we work for
Brands we have worked for
What we do for our clients
We are the agency that
• Manages the press office, product review and social media programme for Lenovo, no.1
vendor of PCs and tablets worldwide.
• Sent 88 WD products for review in 2012.
• Launched Orange’s voicemail application for iPhone and Android in Spain.
• Manages the corporate press activity for the world’s number 3 e-commerce provider,
• Manages the social media profiles for Lenovo, Western Digital, Hitachi Data Systems,
istockphoto.com and Angostura Rum.
• Encourages the Spanish public to talk about erectile dysfunction for Boston Medical Group.
• Launched A Day Without News Campaign for Getty Images, the worlds leading provider
of digital media content.
• Managed Nissan’s winter sports sponsorship programme.
Lenovo Celebrity Event
• To present the wide range of Lenovo Yoga Devices to media
• To create a close relationship with clients and journalists in
a relaxed atmosphere, profiling the local spokesperson
• To generate positive coverage about Lenovo, also in lifestyle
• Canela organized a cocktail during afterwork time in the
Urban Hotel (Madrid) which included a presentation by
Maite Ramos, General Manager at Lenovo Iberia, about
Lenovo’s star products
• Canela invited some celebrities (Anne Igartiburu, María
Castro…) and managed a Yoga Master Class for children led
by the model Cristina Piaget to generate interest from the
lifestyle press. Bimba Bosé was the celebrity DJ for the party
• 51 journalists and 32 clients attended the event
• HighliCoverage appeared in a range of media including
magazines, braodcast and online IT (Andro4all),
professional (ElectroMarket), lifestyle (LOVE) and
TV (TeleMadrid, TVE…)
WD Press Office 2012
• Canela PR have been managing WD’s press office activity in
Spain since 2006.
• Our objective is to position WD as the leading vendor in
digital storage and achieve the maximum share of voice in
relation to the competition.
• Canela’s press office activity combines both product and
corporate PR in a wide range of media including consumer
tech, lifestyle and general media.
• We also conduct a rigorous product review programme and
organise competitions with various media.
• We organise spokesperson profiling through interviews with
• In 2012 we achieved over 600 pieces of branded coverage
including articles published in national media, regional media
IT and lifestyle media with an audience reach of over 263.
500. 250 million.
• We achieved 8 radio, magazine and online interviews
Newsbook, El País, ITEspresso.es, Atrapados en la
• We sent 80 products for reviews and achieved 17 awards.
• To position Getty Images as the leader in the creation
and distribution of audiovisual contents in Spain.
• To create awareness about the breadth of the product
portfolio offered by Getty Images with the aim to
stimulate the growth of sales and the number of clients in
• Canela organised a series of interviews and bylined
articles for Daniel Glückmann, Getty Images Director in
Spain and Portugal.
• Canela adapted and distributed press releases from
reports and campaigns of the company (e.g Curve report,
A Day Without News…)
• 135 pieces of branded coverage in the most important
national press and marketing media, El Mundo,
Europa Press, El Publicista,
• Interactiva published a full-page interview with the
Director of Getty Images in Spain
• 33 pieces of branded covergae for A Day without
News? campaign including an article in El Mundo
with Aidan Sullivan, VP of Getty Images
The Rakuten Grand Opening press conference
• To organize the launch of Rakuten in Spain in order to
introduce the brand in the Spanish market.
• Position the CEO of Rakuten Spain as an opinion leader in
e-commerce sector in Spain.
• Canela organized a media roundtable for 10 journalists
including Q&A opportunity with the CEO in Spain and the
COO of Rakuten Europe.
• Canela organised a series of one to one briefings with media
in the lead up to the launch in order to create media
• The Grand Opening press conference was attended by ten
journalists, including top business newspaper Expansión,
news agency EFE and regional TV TV3
• 38 articles secured, 18 from the top tier publications in
national and business press, e-commerce, IT and SME’s
publications such as El Periodico, Diari Ara, Cinco Días,
La Vanguardia and MuyPymes with an audience reach of
• 4 in depth interviews managed with TV3, Efe, eMagazine
and eCommerce News and also 4 questionnaires were
Executive Team Biographies
Who we are
Director and Founder
Deborah Gray has over twenty
years experience in public
relations, eight years in the British
market and twelve years in Spain.
In 2006 she founded Canela whose
clients currently include world
leading brands such as Lenovo,
Getty Images and Western
Director, Madrid Office
Esther has over fifteen years
experience in the IT sector as a
journalist and public relations
consultant. Esther joined Canela in
2008 to open the Madrid office.
She currently leads the Lenovo,
Hitachi Data Systems, Getty
Images and Boston Medical
Director, Lisbon Office
Director, Barcelona Office
Carla was a journalist for more
than 15 years she was the editor
magazines DIF and PARQ. In 2010
she set up the Canela office in
Lisbon and is the lead on the
Freelancer, Second Love and
White Road accounts.
Alba has nine years experience
in public relations. Alba has worked
for several IT and consumer
electronics accounts such us
BlackBerry, HTC, SanDisk and
Kodak. At Canela, Alba leads the
Western Digital, Rakuten and