SOCIAL NETWORKING PRODUCTION Specifications and Planner
• With our resources being image heavy and social networking images being the highest rated for engagement, we have the ability to capitalize. – Images can be used singularly – In pairings or albums to create a larger story – Incorporated into videos as a slideshow or as stills
• Content created and is to be distributed across all social networks – i.e. video created for YouTube will also have a link on Pinterest and be included in a status update on Facebook and Twitter
We should create for each salon a cover photo that incorporates and showcases their work with the Global Hair and Fashion Group.• Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. If you upload an image thats smaller than these dimensions, it will get stretched to this larger size. The image you upload must be at least 399 pixels wide. To get the best quality image and fastest load times for your Page, upload an sRGB JPG file thats 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes.
• Album (multiple images)• Status update (singular image) Both are important and should vary often. Salons should be notified and should tag themselves or share the album upon upload to increase distribution and appear on their pages. Theres a 200 photo limit in photo albums.
A singular image onPinterest needs to bestrong enough forsomeone to like andwant to save or “repin”to their boards. It willneed to link back to awebsite that gives moreinformation about theimage.Also important is thetext placed with theimage as it issearchable, so youwould want to makesure to include theword “ombre” so it iseasily found.
Step by Steps are series ofimages that showcase the howto. The more vertical thebetter as they continue to rundown the page. As will allimagery, it should link back toa webpage with moreinformation and includesearchable text.
Pinterest Videos of howto’s are popular. It isimportant to keep themapproachable and easy asthey will pull them upfrom home. These caneasily be linked back toour YouTube page toincrease traffic.This can be all video orincorporate stills or be aslideshow of stills withvoiceover. Theimportance is to keep itshort, sweet and easy.
• Twitter’s strength is in text (140 character limit) and should be used for interaction and to link back to published images and videos on the other social networks.
YouTube supports: WebM files - Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs.MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec.AVI - Many cameras output this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM.MPEGPS - Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio.WMV.FLV - Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio
Click onvideo to viewexampleProfessional (Gus edited and filmed) videos should be incorporated into our marketing mix with a strong focus on subject for these time intensive videos. They still need to remain short and to the point with headers and footers at each end directing the watcher what to do next or where they can find out more
Click onvideo to viewexample These videos should feel like you are a “fly on the wall” or have a VIP pass to see behind the scenes. Not highly overproduced and more about “reality”.
Click onvideo to viewexample This is a great way to incorporate before and after images and the preparation and photo shoot process from beginning to end. Easier to create than a professional video.
• Each salon and GHFG’s website should drive traffic to the social networks.• Buttons should be displayed on the top, bottom or along the side of your home page. Links or buttons that remain in your navigation as the user moves from page to page are optimal.• The button’s hyperlink should open the social media pages in new windows
In What Tone should we speak?• We are the fashion experts and should speak as such in our messaging.• This will resonate with all of our target markets: salons, magazines, and end consumers.
Theseimages/videos/informationshould allow the user to feellike they are getting an insidelook because they are ourfollower.Not just used at photo shoots,can be used at any “VIP” typeof event that we or our salonsare involved in.
What’s on Trend and how toachieve it with a few tips andproducts with advice from ourmembers. Highly imagefocused so it doesn’t feel like asales push.
Showcase quick tips onhow just changing yourpart or adding a bangcan quickly transformyour look. Easy quickdiffering imagery thatcould be before andafters from in salon and/or photo shoots.
Similar totransformationadvice, this wouldshow them howthey can differtheir looksthroughout alonger period oftime (vacation,weekend, etc.)with a fewchanges.
Similar to what they havedone here with makeup,the focus would be on acertain color and howdifferent skin types canwear the color and keep itfresh for this season.
Everyone likes to be in theknow on the next bestproduct but doesn’t like tobe sold. This would have tobe a compilation of manyopinions with a commonthread (like moisture ornatural) throughout.
Daily Posts with Weekly and Monthly Themes SIX MONTH PLAN