View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
1. Introduction 1.1 Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI) - GENI is an experimental facility intended to enable fundamental innovations in networking and distributed systems [Peterson 07] - GENI will allow researchers to experiment with alternative network architectures, services, and applications at scale and under real-world conditions [Clark 07] 1.2 User Controlled LightPath (UCLPv2) - UCLP is a network virtualization management tool built using web services [Lemay 06] - Users can create several parallel application specific networks from a single physical network through UCLP [Lemay 06]
2. Motivation - Through the use of virtualization, GENI will support multiple independent experiments running simultaneously across a diverse set of network technologies [Clark 07] » UCLP may provide certain level of network virtualization - Prototyping of GENI is needed to aggressively drive down GENI construction risk [Elliott 07] » Can lambda based infrastructure coupled with UCLP be served as a prototype of GENI?
3. Objective We build a prototype of GENI by deploying UCLP without VR and UCLP with VR to the lambda based network. And we analyze them with respect to GENI prototyping. <Relationship among PlanetLab, PL-VINI, UCLP and GENI>
4. Scope - Read papers and survey related work - Extend UCLP to support Virtual Routers - Deploy original UCLP and extended UCLP to lambda based network - Experiment on specific examples which can’t be supported by VINI and can be supported by extend UCLP - Analysis original UCLP, extended UCLP and the experimentation with respect to GENI prototyping
- Deploy original UCLP and extended UCLP to lambda based
- Experiment on specific examples which can’t be supported
by VINI and can be supported by extend UCLP
- Analysis original UCLP, extended UCLP and
the experimentation with respect to GENI prototyping
- Writer a paper
- Make up the paper
Reference  David Clark, Scott Shenker, Aaron Falk, “ GENI Research Plan ”, GDD-06-28, April 2007  Larry Peterson, John Wroclawski, “ Overview of the GENI Architecture ”, GDD-06-11, January 2007  Larry Peterson, Tom Anderson, Dan Blumenthal, “ GENI Facility Design ”, GDD-07-44, March 2007  Jonathan Turner, “ A Proposed Architecture for the GENI Backbone Platform ”, GDD-06-09, March 2006  Dan Blumenthal, Nick McKeown, “ Backbone Node: Requirements and Architecture ”, GDD-06-26, November 2006  Chip Elliott, “Introducing the GENI Project Office (GPO)”, Internet Innovation Workshop, June 2007