• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
PowerPoint 2010
 

PowerPoint 2010

on

  • 2,571 views

Slides from the Glenview Public Library's class on PowerPoint 2010

Slides from the Glenview Public Library's class on PowerPoint 2010

Statistics

Views

Total Views
2,571
Views on SlideShare
2,457
Embed Views
114

Actions

Likes
3
Downloads
119
Comments
0

10 Embeds 114

http://gplrefdesk.blogspot.com 50
http://www.gplrefdesk.blogspot.com 41
http://gplrefdesk.blogspot.ru 7
http://192.168.33.10 6
http://cacitandoparaelfuturo.blogspot.com 3
http://gplrefdesk.blogspot.co.uk 3
http://gplrefdesk.blogspot.gr 1
http://gplrefdesk.blogspot.com.au 1
http://feeds.feedburner.com 1
https://dmacc.blackboard.com 1
More...

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment
  • Here is where I can add notes to speak about my presentation!

PowerPoint 2010 PowerPoint 2010 Presentation Transcript

  • An Introduction
  • Building a Good Presentation Before starting, consider: Who is my audience? What do I want to communicate? What is my BIG take-away message? How do I want to organize my presentation?
  • Two Kinds of Power Points Tutorial or Notes for Later Presentation for Now You want people to view your slides as notes independently. You are giving a presentation that requires photos, graphs, and other images to support it.
  • Ways to Use Power Point In the classroom: Tutorials Games Flash cards Student presentations, projects, portfolios Personal use: Slide shows of baby photos, weddings, vacations, other life events In business: Team training Marketing plans Other presentations
  • Writing You don’t have to use just sentence fragments. You don’t have to use bullets. But please, don’t write an essay.
  • Negative Space Can help you communicate.
  • Better Than
  • Words
  • Want to see a GREAT Power Point? https://www.udemy.com/blog/best-powerpoint-presentations/
  • Common Mistakes If you’ve ever sat through a Power Point presentation, you might find that some people type all the words they’re going to say on the slide, and then they read them word for word. This is really not the point of Power Point, nor is it the point of any type of presentation! Plus, it’s really annoying to read all the words on the screen. Don’t you think so? Let me know if you disagree. It might help me make a better presentation in the future.
  • Common Mistakes • Using images to decorate your slide • Makes it look cluttered and unprofessional
  • Common Mistakes Silly transitions and animation—They look kind of…silly Remember your audience! Keep it professional, not distracting
  • And After
  • Our business Our annual revenue was $86,000 in the first year 30% of that was from the sale of our signature product, the “Mr. Fluffy” dog shampoo The remaining 70% came from sales of “Little Fluffy” puppy shampoo and doggrooming services Our largest expense was personnel Our second largest expense was manufacturing Our third largest expense was consulting services
  • Mr. Fluffy Dog Grooming Expenses Revenue Personnel Mr. Fluffy Little Fluffy Services Manufacturing Consulting
  • Copyright Considerations What images do you have the right to use? • Images you take yourself • Clip art from Power Point • Creative Commons Images, with attribution • Check out: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page • Images from morgueFile • Check out: http://morguefile.com/
  • Final Thoughts  Using contrasting colors instead of colors that are too similar Which of these are good ideas?  Writing exactly what you want to say on your slide  Practicing before your presentation  Using lots of pictures on every slide  Citing the sources of your images and information  Demonstrating information with graphs and photos  Using as many animations and transitions as humanly possible
  • Upcoming Computer Classes Company & Investing Information Online Introduction to Word November 5 October 30 Discover Familysearch.org Intermediate Internet Searching November 8 November 12 Files and Folders Google Products November 13 November 19 For more information, ask at the Reference Desk!
  • Sources Library photos, courtesy of Glenview Public Library Presentation photo, courtesy of Maxim Bouev Before and After Disaster Photo, courtesy of FEMA Ways to Use Power Point photo, courtesy of United States Marine Corps