1. How did you use mediatechnologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
2. Throughout the process of researching, planning, creating and evaluatingmy media product I have used a large number of different programsincluding the ones shown below.
3. ResearchWhen researching music videos, music labels, digipaks and advertisementse.c.t I relied heavily on the internet to access all the information and media. Iused Google to gain information and Youtube to access both real andprevious students music videos, these websites were instant and very helpful,the research process would have been much harder and time consumingwithout them. I also watched the tv music channels when wanting to watchvideos from a certain genre seeing as they all focus on different genres ofmusic to satisfy their audience.When watching videos on Youtube, similar videos were displayed down theright of the page so that I was able to compare videos very quickly, the hugenumber of different videos helped to inspire me and give me more ideas.During the research process I was able to use my phone and Ipad, this madethe online media much accessible when on the move or when there wasn’t acomputer available.
4. PlanningI used Photoshop when planning mymedia product so that I could experimentwith different images particularly with mymoodboard where I was able to presentall my ideas in a visual format.I used excel to create a filming schedulewhich was very easy to read to keep meorganised and on track throughout thefilming process.Throughout both the Research and planning stages I used blogger to post andupdate my work as I went along. This website presented my research andplanning very clearly , showing me what I was missing and had yet to complete, keeping me organised. I was able to post photographs and videos and I thinkthat this website is very good for showing your progress and how youdeveloped into your final product.I also used Prezi to present my research and planning in a more interestingway, this was a website that I found was easy to use and access.
5. ConstructionIn the production of my music video and digipack I used my digital camera to filmad take photographs, this was very helpful because its small and portable, butalso captures quite high quality footage. I used a tripod during the filming of mymusic video so that the shots weren’t shaky and the transitions between shotswould be smoother.These videos and photographs were then imported onto my laptop and then ontoAdobe Premier Pro where I could start editing all the videos straight away.Abode Premier Pro is a very advancedediting software that allowed me toadjust each clip in hundreds of differentways, which improved the continuitythroughout the video because I wasable to adjust the brightness, shadows,contrast, saturation and temperature. Iwas then able to choose from a hugevariety of video transitions and layervideos on top of each other, becauseit’s a timeline based editing software.
6. To create my digipak I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, this is a verygood editing software for editing photographs and I enjoyed this stage ofconstruction because I feel very comfortable using Photoshop.
7. Evaluation StagesTo complete this evaluation I have used social networking sites Facebook andTwitter to share my music video to get audience feedback, these are very goodwebsites for this purpose because they can be accessed by hundreds of people inless than a minute. This also means that the video was seen by a wide variety ofdifferent people with different opinions and preferred music genres.My video was shared on Youtube so that it could be accessed very quickly andeasily by anyone, I found it very simple to upload and share via a majority ofwebsites including Facebook and Twitter. On Youtube and these websites peoplewere able to express their opinions of my video by commenting below or either‘liking’ or ‘disliking’ the video. I could also see how many times my video had beenviewedI used prezi to present my response to one of my evaluation questions, I likedthis website because the layout of my information was much more interestingthan it would have been if it were written on word. I was able to show how myideas, processes and research developed throughout my project.
8. Mobile Phones During the research, planning and construction of my music video I used my mobile phone constantly, this piece of technology was a huge advantage, seeing as I was able to research and find out information whilst on the move. It also helped me to keep organised throughout the process, allowing me keep in contact with my actors and use Google maps to decide on my locations. I also used my phone to play my song during the filming to help my actors sing in time with the song, this way when I was editing the song and video together the synchronization was much easier.
9. Overall I have used a huge variety of different technologies to research, plan,construct and evaluate my media products, each of these saving me a hugeamount of time. Creating and sharing my work made me understand Web 2.0in greater depth, seeing as I started the project being a consumer of theonline media and then became a prosumer when I created and posted myresearch onto my blog uploaded my video to Youtube.