QUT Careers and Employment
What QUT Careers & Employment
postgraduate careers service can do for you!
Dr Shari Walsh – Postgraduate Careers Counsellor
Ph 3138 2649
Postgraduate Research Capabilities 0
1. High Level Communication
2. Advanced Teamwork
3. Knowledge and Research Problem Solving
4. Research Career Learning
5. Technical Research Skills
6. Self and Project Management
7. Research Conduct
Identify your skills and learn how to link these to jobs/careers?
Postgraduate Careers Services include…
• Career counselling – 1 hour booked appointments GP & KG
– Drop-in sessions
• Workshops throughout the year
– Job seeking skills
• Resume writing
• Selection criteria
• Interview skills
– Working productively – understanding your work style
– Networking for career success
– Transitions to academia
• Resume checking (24 hour turnaround)
– E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The post-graduate research process
Being a graduate research student is like
becoming all of the Seven Dwarves...
In the beginning you're Dopey and Bashful.
In the middle you are unusually sick (Sneezy),
tired (Sleepy), and irritable (Grumpy).
But at the end, they call you Doc, and then