View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Reports in production by numbers
• There are 1350 reports available in APeX
production right now.
• The list includes 797 Clarity reports and
446 Reporting Workbench(RWB) reports.
• We also have 107 Application reports
that’s owned and maintained by various
• There are 211 Live ClinDoc reports which
is highest among all Clinical applications.
• Resolute HB has 271 reports in prod,
highest among all Financial applications.
Live Reports By Application
Wave 2 Go-
Wave 3 Go-
Wave 4 Go-
Reports in production by delivery phase
Application Report Crystal (Clarity) Crystal (Clarity) - BOE Reporting Workbench (RWB)
Reports in production by Reporting Tool
Monthly Research Study Builds REP0041112
• This report is used by executive clinical trials
leadership to assess clinical trial information and
billable research procedures loaded in APeX.
APeX Reporting Team have created several
Research related reports since APeX Go-Live.
Here are some examples:
Research New-Maintenance Study Activity REP0041740
• This report was created to ensure proper
resource staffing and support from APeX to our
school of medicine and hospital leadership.
Summarized Monthly Study Research Revenue and Patients REP0042992
• The report provides current active trials, including
information on trial CHR study code, study name, PI,
CR, department, DPA/Fund/NCT, # of patients linked
to the trial and the amount of billable charges.
Research Study Summary Report REP0043643
• Provides a summary of each research, the number of
patients in the study, the total balance of research
studies, and the total charges associated with the
patients in that study.
Summary Patient Enrollees by Enrollment Status REP0047068
• This report was created for Associate Vice Chancellor
of Research and for Noridan Auditors who needs to
know how many research study participants we have
in our APEX system. The report also includes a grand
total summary that tallies up by enrollment status
Summary Patient Enrollees by Research Study by
Enrollment Status REP0047074
• This report summarizes research studies by total patients by their
research enrollment statuses, provision of information to the
Associate Vice Chancellor of Research and for Noridan Auditors, who
desire to know how many research study participants we have in our
APEX system including statistics on overall enrollments/research
study participants at UCSF that have been registered through APeX.
Research Enrollment CRC Compare to Research
• Validates active Clinical Research Coordinators which
are maintained by the CRC community. Frequent
updates to CRC personnel are always occurring,
however the research study enrollment file where
CRC's are also listed do not get updated by this
process, therefore there may be out of date CRC's
recorded on the Enrollment Record, which can create
confusion on patient oversight.
Detailed Patient Enrollees by Research Study by
Enrollment Status REP0049332
• Provides leadership a listing of the study participants in a
given (selectable) study by enrollment status.
Research Study Encounter Personnel Auditing
• The report was created to determine personnel
(registration, study personnel) who link the patient
encounter to the research study via the encounter
form (ambulatory) or the provider/research form
Running Research reports in APeX
• Find the My Reports Activity and navigate to the
Library and search for the REP number.
• Add the report to favorites by clicking the star on the
left of the report name.
• Click Request Report and the report will run.
• View the results when the report is Ready to view.
March April May June July August September October November December
AdHoc (One-Time) Reports Completed in 2013
Key Reporting Extracts Built From APeX
– Cost accounting data from RWB.
• Press Ganey
– Inpatient, Outpatient and Pediatric
extracts from Clarity.
- Automated discharge phone follow up.
- Pharmacy charges/encounters extracts.
- Grateful patient program.
Please send your questions/comments: