Be the first to like this
The Inception Phase Outcomes presentation for West African Sahel and Dryland Savannah was presented by Dr. Antione Kalinganire of IRT at the Launch meeting in Amman in May of 2013.
The nations involved were Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Niger and Nigeria. Inception phase achievements included;
• an intense 6 month period of ground work to characterize the systems and include defining constraints and opportunities
• the organization of regional inception workshop
• participation in the 11th international conference on development of drylands in Beijing
• formulation of hypothesis and defining research questions in different action sites
• building partner capacity
• assembling a work plan and budget
• a review of key partnerships
Key activites were planned including the assembly of baselines for the action site support systems and a quantification of the biomass and resource flow at the action sites. Major partner participation was enlisted from local institutions, regional and international centers and CG centers.