• Cross-cutting technologies for gender
– Livestock-crop systems
– Water Management in agricultural system
– Seed systems
– Innovation Platform (strategic research? Women’s
involvement in decision-making)
• Keep in mind scientists’ technologies are in
Issues Left• Write up of integrative research 3-year plan
• Identify and write up of strategic research 3-year plan
• Norms and agency study?
• IP and gender, link to IDO 4?
• Extension services
• M and E
• Working together
• Science Workshop
• Capacity building needs
• Women’s Scholarship (I will distribute later)
• Boundary organizations (Jennie covered in her
• Other issues in parking lot: e.g., how to engage biophysical
• Livestock, water and seeds are very good technologies for
gender research. Also there's quite a bit of existing research
to build on.
• Each Flagship select 1 technology for its Region, based on
priorities in the Flagship/action sites, and the openness of the
relevant biophysical scientists to engage in gender research.
• They could also take account of past and on-going work on
gender/socio-economics on which they could draw to
contribute to a multidisciplinary team developing this
integrated (systems) ex ante diagnostic analysis and thus
mainstreaming gender throughout the research cycle.