1. The homes in Mexico include apartments, modern homes, luxurious
resort homes in Mexico’s tourist cities as well as very modest
homes in villages and small towns.
2. The Mexican population is made up of three main groups. These
groups are people of European/Spanish descent, Native Americans
and people who are a mix of European/Spanish and Native
3. Villages are built around cultural markets. Mexican people make
and sell items in the open market. They are known for their weaving
and embroidery. They sell beautifully decorated linens and clothes.
4. Fútbal (soccer) is the most common sport in Mexico, but they are
known for Bull Fighting.
5. Food in Mexico varies by region. Most Mexicans eat a variety of
spicy foods that are flavored with chilies. All regions enjoy
corn, beans, squash and rice.
In 1989, the obesity rate in Mexico was 10% of all
adults were overweight. Due to the huge increase
in fast food restaurants and the availability of
soda, the obesity rate soared to 70% in 2004.
Mexico drinks twice the amount of soda that the
USA drinks. As a result, diabetes has recently
become the leading cause of death in Mexico.
7. The official name of Mexico is Estados Únidos Mexicanos (United
8. Family is one of the most important things in Mexican culture.
Throughout a person’s life, the family has a huge influence on
him/her. It is very common to have three generations of family living
in the same house.