Week one 9th February: In this first week we came together in our group and we started to build the foundations of our thriller opening to allow us to get everything sorted out in time for the opening. We decided upon the actors, who would film, the story of it and settings. We also listened to a variety of different music and watched different thrillers to get an idea of what a thriller opening should be like.
Week two 16th February: In this week we discussed many things such as the narratives for our film idea. We were able to choose the opening we were going to go with out of 3 from our narrative planning sheet and we also discussed the generic conventions of a thriller e.g. what kind of thriller, is it meant to have suspense and tension etc? In addition we also planned the date for completing our research and planning- Would involve audience research, location shots etc.
Week three 23rd February: During this week we met up as a group and took still shots of our settings which were places like a church, random streets and a park. We then completed the designs and drawings of our 3 film logos and came to a decision as which one is best appealing. We completed a picture of what we thought our audience members would look like and described them and we also finished our storyboard.
Week four 2nd March: During the course of this week we completed music for our film and completed our storyboard animatic (we ended up changing the music we in the final opening from this one as we believes it fitted the opening better). We also filmed 5 interviews getting general feedback from our classmates about thrillers. Also on this day we received our equipment from our teachers (cameras, tripods and lights) to be ready to film. One more time we went over our final idea for our filming and we got permission from the school take the equipment outside of school.
Week four continued 8th March: We filmed our chase scenes in the early evenings. We took advantage of the lights to make the film look better and we filmed the same shots from lots of different angles so when it came to the editing we had more to play round with.
Week five 9th March: We looked back over what we filmed last night and analysed what went wrong and then re-filmed them specific scenes
When it got dark again we came back together and filmed the church scenes (last week we done the outside scenes) Again we took advantage of the lights and Christy’s wheelchair to do an effective tracking shot. We were able to finish off all our filming this day.
Week six 16th March: We uploaded our openings to the Mac’s and started editing.
Week eight 30th March: We had finally finished editing on this day. In the editing process we done a number of things such as add transitions, titles and music to make our thriller look like a proper thriller opening. In this tie we also got audience feedback on our thriller rough cut. We uploaded our work to our blogs and then our filming and editing process was complete.
Week nine 6th April to 4th May: From here on out all we had to do now was finishing our evaluations (as you will see in our coming blogs) and finish blogging our work. This included finishing any little bits and pieces that needed to be done and just doing our separate parts of the evaluation.