1. A glass bottle A plastic bottle Chemistry experiments 9 March 2011
3. Chemical structure PET
4. Adds in plastic bottles
5. Be alert… At higher temperature and when the plastic is old, dangerous elements get into food. These elememnts are: bisphenol A phthalates
6. Bisphenol A = BPA Chemistry name is 4,4-dihydroxy-2,2-diphenylpropane.
7. Why is BISPHENOL A dangerous? <ul><li>Its structure resembles woman’s hormone. </li></ul><ul><li>It causes obsrtuction in hormonal system.. </li></ul><ul><li>It is possible that it causes trouble with pregnancy, secretion of insuline which can lead to diabetes… </li></ul><ul><li>Causes breathing problems. </li></ul><ul><li>Can cause problems with allergies of skin. </li></ul>
8. Phthalates Chemically are also known as phthalate esters. They are used to soften plastic. They are most often added to PVC .
9. Why are phthalates dangerous? <ul><li>They are not bound to plastic and can get out of plastic materials. </li></ul><ul><li>They get into the body by breahting, through skin and by eating… </li></ul><ul><li>Longlastin and chronical exposure to phthalates can damage livers, kiddneys and organs for reproduction… </li></ul>
10. TYPES OF PLASTICS
12. It is good…
13. Warn for you… Do not use old plastic bottles. Do not use plastic with this mark on it.