Canada New England Cruise Symposium Cruise And The Community Helen Jean Newman
Building Community Pride and Reputation
• Meet and Greet Committee
• Carnival Cruise Line’s Bay of Fundy 4-Day Cruise
• $1 Million + in Marketing and Promotion
• Cruise has given Saint John and the Bay of Fundy region an opportunity
to showcase itself to the world.
• Featured on every cruise line’s website, brochure and print material.
• Advertising campaigns
• Travel Agent promotions
• Media Coverage
Benefits to the Tourism Industry
• Development of new products that will benefit all tourism sectors and
• Allows tourism suppliers and tour operators to test new products.
• Allows tourism suppliers to extend the season in to the shoulder seasons.
• The economic influx to businesses helps sustain year round operations.
Benefits to the Community
• Contributions to the cultural community
• Opportunity to showcase local artists
• Opportunity to showcase new, young and emerging artists
• Benefits to local Charitable Organizations
• The Nature Trust of New Brunswick
• Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Investment and Immigration
• New Brunswick Provincial Government recently invested $1.2 million
in a Saint John based company. Company President Phil Friedman
first became aware of Saint John when he visited on a cruise ship.
• Ship Captain buys a home and moves to St. Andrews, NB after coming
on a cruise ship