Automated Tumblr to WordPress
Migration Plugin: How It Works
If you are running a blog or have the intention to, then you have
probably heard about WordPress and Tumblr platforms. Although
both of them pursue the same aim, they are very different. So, let’s
have a comprehensive overview of these two CMSs in order to
understand which one can fully suits your needs.
Tumblr is a great solution for those who want to share their list of
ideas, photos and videos with the world. It is easy to use and has a
great user interface on the back end. Moreover, the photos which
have been posted within Tumblr community can be watched really
frequently. This blog publishing platform comes not only with the
advantages but also with the drawbacks. The most notable of them
is the fact that Tumblr platform is used for ‘micro blogging’ and it is
not the best place for long posts.
WordPress has started as a blogging system but later it has
evolved to be a full CMS. It has lots of advantages, for instance it
provides its users with numerous plugins, widgets and themes
which are used to add more functionality to the website. WordPress
is considered to be the most userfriendly CMS.
So, in case you have already started a blog on Tumblr but now you
would like to have it on WordPress, then you should know that
there is the possibility to change one for another. With CMS2CMS:
Automated Tumblr to WordPress Migration Plugin it is possible to
perform the switch easily and fast. It should be also mentioned that
the process of conversion will be fully automated and accurate
using this tool. In case you don’t know how to convert your content
properly, then here is the stepbystep instruction which will help
you with this.
1. To start, you need to visit the official WordPress plugin
repository and find ‘CMS2CMS: Automated Tumblr to WordPress
Migration’ plugin. After that, download it to your PC.
2. The next step is to go to WP admin panel → Plugins → Add New
and upload the zip file to the WordPress plugin directory.
3. Now it is time to activate the uploaded plugin.
4. Now you will be asked to register the new CMS2CMS account.
5. After that provide your Tumblr website URL into the
corresponding field and press ‘Continue’ button. Now you will be
automatedly redirected to the CMS2CMS website to complete your
6. Now you need to provide the Current and New website URLs into
the following fields.
7. The next step is to provide your Tumblr website access details
which are the login and password.
8. The next step would be to download the connection bridge to
your computer. It is a special file which will establish the data
transfer from one site to another. You should extract it from zip file
and upload to to Tumblr root directory.
9. Now you will have to choose the additional options. They are the
● Migrate Media – to have images moved;
● Make URLs SEO friendly – to have internal links formed
according to SEO URL structure on WordPress website;
● Clear Target website data – delete the test content from
10. After that you can try a free Demo Migration. In a few minutes,
you will receive the message that your migration is complete with
the link to your new WordPress site. You will be able to estimate the
new look of your web project and the results of the migration.
11. The last step is the Full Migration. After running it, you will be
able to evaluate the real results and enjoy your newly backed
Now, you know how the Automated Tumblr to WordPress Migration
plugin works. So, make your decision and enjoy the results.