Transcript of "CMS2CMS: Joomla! K2 to WordPress Website Migration plugin"
Joomla K2 to
Joomla K2 to WordPress
How It Works
Do you think people often move from one platform to another? Yes,
and there are lots of reasons for that. There are even people that
migrate their website, just because they do not like the design or
want more functions and there is nothing else to do except transfer
to another platform.
In case, you are pluning to migrate your Joomla k2 website to
WordPress, you can do it with CMS2CMS: Joomla! K2 to
WordPress Website Migration plugin. While migrate with this plugin,
you may save a lot of time, as the migration process last
approximately 15 minutes. For setting the conversion process
there is no need to acquire any additional skills, but simply follow
the instructions in the migration wizard.
What Data Can Be Migrated?
● Internal Links
● Menu Items
● 301 Redirects
8 Steps of Website Migration
1. Download the Plugin into your Computer.
To start with the migration go to CMS2CMS: Joomla! K2 to
WordPress Website Migration download it and save the plugin on
your personal computer.
2. Install the Plugin to WP Admin Panel
● Open your WordPress admin panel.
● Go to “Plugins” > “Add New” and upload the file you have
● When the plugin is installed, click “Activate” button. The
plugin will appear right in your dashboard.
3. Register an Account
If you do not have CMS2CMS account, then register one. Provide
you email and password.
4. Connect to Joomla K2
Now you have to create the connection between your Joomla K2
and WordPress websites. So, proceed with the following actions:
● Download the Bridge file to your computer. The file will be
saved as zip.
● Extract the ‘cms2cms’ file from the archive.
● Via any FTP client dashboard upload the file into the root
directory of your source Joomla K2 website. Root directory is
the top one with index.php file.
● Provide the URL of your source website.
5. Configure the Migration
Now when you successfully connect to your Joomla K2, you have
to configure the migration. Press button and you will be redirected
to cms2cms. com to finish up the migration.
6. Select the Migration Preferences.
Prior to data conversion you should select the additional option,
which can be applied to your Migration. For Joomla K2 to
WordPress Conversion you can choose from:
● Clear current data including test one on WordPress before
● Migrate categories and pages/articles/posts SEO aliases
● Make URLs SEOfriendly
● Migrate images and attachments
7. Go for FREE Demo Migration
Before starting the actual website conversion, you can try on Demo
Migration. The limited amount of content will be transferred to the
WP website, so you will be able to check out how the service
8. Start Full Website Conversion
Now, there is the last and the most important step. You have to start
Full Website Migration and your Joomla K2 will be moved to
WordPress in a split moment.
As can see, website transfer with CMS2CMS: Joomla! K2 to
WordPress Website Migration plugin is pretty awesome. You will
have totally automated and accurate conversion, the time will be
saved and there is no need to think about any data losses. Than do
not wait, setup the plugin now and enjoy a new website really soon.