Automated Joomla to
WordPress Migration Plugin:
How It Works
Joomla and WordPress are considered to be the most popular and
powerful platforms all over the world. Both of them offer lots of
opportunities and possibilities for their users. Although they
pursue the same aim which is to be a platform to create and run a
site on, they differ from each other in many ways.
WordPress is known as userfriendly CMS. It is really easy to
develop and manage a web project on this platform. There is no
need to have strong coding knowledge in administering a site, that
is why WordPress is the best solution for the layusers with no
Joomla, in contrast, is not so easytouse as WP. Lots of people can
feel dizzy when they meet all the opportunities which this CMS
provides them with. That is why Joomla is a good choice for those
who have already some skills and knowledge in running this type
of the website.
If you have batted on
the wrong horse, you have chosen Joomla to run a website on but
now you want it on WordPress, then you should know that it is
possible to move all your content from one platform to another.
There are many ways to perform this Joomla to WordPress
migration but most of them demand coding skills to make the
switch. If you want the process of conversion to be fully automated,
then you can use the Joomla to WordPress Migration plugin. With
this tool the switch will be flawless and accurate, so that there is no
need to worry about losing some part of the content. Plus, all you
have to do during the process is to press the button and enjoy the
In order to make it simple for you, we will provide you with the
stepbystep instruction of the conversion using Joomla to
WordPress Migration plugin.
1. To start with the migration, you will have to visit the official
WordPress plugin repository and find “CMS2CMS: Automated
Joomla to WordPress Migration” plugin. Then you need to
download it to your PC.
2. After that go to WordPress admin panel → Plugins → Add New.
Then find a zip file on your computer and upload it to the WP plugin
3. Now you should activate the uploaded plugin.
4. The next step is to register the new CMS2CMS account.
5. Now download the connection bridge to your computer and
extract it from the zip file. Then you should upload the extracted
‘cms2cms’ folder to Joomla root directory. After that provide your
Joomla website URL and press ‘Verify the Connection’.
6. Now click ‘Start Migration’ and you will be automatedly redirected
to the CMS2CMS website to complete your conversion.
7. Now you will be provided with the opportunity to choose the
additional options. They are the following:
● Migrate Media – to have images moved;
● Make URLs SEO friendly – to have internal links formed
according to SEO URL structure on WordPress website;
● 301 Redirect – to keep your ranking and visitors after the
● Clear Target website data – delete the content from
8. Now you can try a free Demo Migration. This option provides with
a possibility to see the service in process and estimate the new
look of your website.
9. The final step of the Joomla to WordPress migration is to run a
Full Migration. After that you will be able to enjoy the real results of
Now you are provided with all the necessary information on how
the Automated Joomla to WordPress Migration plugin works. So,
don’t hesitate any longer, make your choice and start the migration