1. So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this 8me restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know 8mes or seasons that the Father has ﬁxed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was liHed up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. Acts 1:6-‐9 (ESV)
3. Jesus’ TEACHING + EXPLANATION (parables) + DEMONSTRATION (miracles) -‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐-‐ INAUGURATION of the Kingdom of God HERE
4. The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, “This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the ﬁrst month of the year for you. Tell all the congrega8on of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb according to their fathers houses, a lamb for a household. And if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb.
5. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male a year old. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats, and you shall keep it un8l the fourteenth day of this month, when the whole assembly of the congrega8on of Israel shall kill their lambs at twilight. “Then they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it. Exodus 12:1-‐7(ESV)
6. Now as they were ea8ng, Jesus took bread, and aHer blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
7. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine un8l that day when I drink it new with you in my Fathers kingdom.” Ma8hew 26:26-‐29 (ESV)
8. On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-‐aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well reﬁned. And he will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all na8ons. He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.
9. It will be said on that day, “Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salva8on.” Isaiah 25:6-‐9 (ESV)
10. Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great mul8tude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out, “Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with ﬁne linen, bright and pure”— for the ﬁne linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
11. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the tes8mony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the tes8mony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. RevelaBon 19:6-‐10 (ESV)