Our Example is Jesus • Live Passionately • Love Completely
Our Example is Jesus • Live Passionately • Love Completely • Learn Humbly
Our Example is Jesus • Live Passionately • Love Completely • Learn Humbly • Leave Boldly
“Someday Syndrome”“Someday when I get this problem out of my life then I can really do the things that are most important.”“Someday if I ever get over this hurt then I’m going to be able to really live for God.”“Someday when I get this stress out of my life I’ll do the things that matter most.”
And being found in appearance as a man, hehumbled himself and became obedient todeath—even death on a cross! Philippians 2:8 (NIV1984)
LEARN HUMBLY1. RELEASE MY RESENTMENT And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34 (ESV)
2. EMPATHIZE WITH THOSE EXPERIENCING THE SAME STRUGGLE And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:43 (ESV)
3. SHIFT THE FOCUS FROM MY PAIN TO THE NEEDS OF OTHERS When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!” Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. John 19:26-27 (ESV)
4. TAKE MY TOUGH QUESTIONS TO GOD And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46 (ESV)
5. ADMIT MY NEED AND HUMBLY ASK FOR HELP After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said ( to fulfill the Scripture), "I thirst." John 19:28 (ESV)
6. LOOK FOR THE PURPOSE IN MY PAIN When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30 (ESV)
Purpose in Our PainTherefore, since we are surrounded by so great acloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside everyweight, and sin which clings so closely, and let usrun with endurance the race that is set before us,looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of ourfaith, who for the joy that was set before himendured the cross, despising the shame, and isseated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2 (ESV)
7. SURRENDER MY PROBLEM TO GOD Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last. Luke 23:46 (ESV)
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.