Media Shifting Gears
• broadcast (traditional media, brochure websites)
Interruptive • communication (email, video conferencing)
• socialization (blogs, the statusphere)
Now • applications (SaaS, "the cloud")
• Monolithic service providers (Google, Micro$oft)
Engagement • Closed ecosystems (Facebook, Apple)
• Geolocation, Hyper-locality
• Decentralization & Democratization of publishing
power (open source)
Social Media Reality
• Social Media democratizes publishing
• ROI? Risk Of Ignoring!
• Engagement can’t be faked, or overly
• “Social CRM” for Brands
• Rise of the “Personal Brand”
The Rise of the Personal Brand
• The Internet enables YOU as a publisher
• As a Publisher, You ARE a Brand!
• The Modern Brand is the collective external
perception of many factors;
a logo, touchpoint messaging, sub-brands,
and personal brands.
Rare Method Brand Map
feel about you.
Brand Personality Owns
Understood traits and
Facts, features and benefits.
Becoming a Publisher
!"#$%& !"#$%&' !"#$#%
!"#"$%&'" !"#$%#$ !"#$#%&#