Seeking challenging assignments as a media professional.
A professional with 20 years experience in the field of Film & Television
production, having worked in various capacity covering technical, creative
and production/ management aspects.
A goal-driven leader with 12 years of qualitative experience in the areas
of Academics & the management of Academic institutions which covers
setting up of academic institutions pertaining to media studies, mass
communication, journalism, animation, film & television production;
Course content development, Selection & recruitment of faculty,
Marketing of the academic courses, Service Delivery Management along
with P&L accountability for operations.
Currently Free-lancing as a Film Editor with projects currently
happening at Hyderabad & Chennai.
Last employed as Professor - Editing, teaching the various aspects of
Film Editing with Annapurna International School of Film & Media,
Guest faculty at LV Prasad Film & TV Academy, Chennai taking
classes related to Aesthetics of film making, Editing & Using Non- Linear
Dexterity in leading the start up of new business practices and defining
quality management processes.
In depth understanding of media industry.
Strong domain expertise in Content creation, Script writing, Direction &
Editing. Sound understanding of production processes for Television &
A skilled communicator with honed relationship management,
presentation, team management, coordination and analytical skills.
Experience of working in a varied environment.
Dip in Cinema from FTII, Pune specializing in Film Editing; MA
(Communications) with specialization in Television Production from
Central University, Hyderabad.
C G SRIGUHA
Flat no. 402, Shantinilaya Aptts., Plot No. E-65 & 66,
Madhura Nagar, Yousufguda, Hyderabad 500038.
Experience as a Professional Free-lance Film maker/ Technician
Editor for the following
· “Malli Radoi Life” (Telugu Feature, Dir: Mr. Raghu) under Production.
· “Reporter” (Telugu Feature, Dir: Mr. Mahesh Katti) under Production.
· “April Fool” (35mm/ Telugu Feature Dir: Dr KSI) ready for release.
· “Oka Romatic Crime Katha” (Telugu Feature/ 120 mins Producer:
Sravya Films Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy)
· “Gangaputrulu” (35mm/ Telugu Feature/130mins; Producer: Sravya
Films Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) winner of three Nandi
Awards for the year 2010.
· “Sontha Vooru” (35mm/ Telugu Feature/130mins; Producer: Sravya
Films Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) winner of four Nandi
awards for the year 2009.
· “Hero” (35mm/ Telugu Feature/100mins; Producer: Sravya Films
Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) which won the Nandi award (AP
State Award) in the best feature film for children’s category in 2005
· “Yellamma” (35mm/ Telugu Feature/ 135 mins; Producer: Magic
Lantern Productions, Hyderabad, Dir: Late. Sh. Mohan Koda) an
adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth starring Sh. Nasser, Ms. Revathy
& Ms Sonali Kulkarni.
· “Silence Please” (35mm/ Feature/ 95 mins; Producer: Sravya Films,
Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) a feature film without any
dialogues, based on a love story involving a deaf & mute Hero &
· “Man, Woman & the Mouse” (16mm/ English Feature/100mins;
Producer: Amateur Artists, Mumbai, Dir: Sh. Rajendra Prasad) a
fictional interpretation of the influence of the internet on a common
· “Best Friends”, (35mm/ Malayalam Feature/ 125mins; Producer:
Rainy Summer Entertainers, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) a Feature film in
· “Missing”, (35mm/ Telugu Feature/130 mins; Producer: Sravya
Films, Hyderabad, Dir: Sh. Sunil Kr Reddy) A feature Film in Telugu.
· “The Holy Bastard”, (DV/ English Feature/ 90 min, Producer Sense
India Foundation Productions, Mumbai, Dir: Sh. Bapu Sarvagod)
· “Surabhi”, (16mm/ English Documentary/ 24 min) A documentary
film on the theatre group with the same name, directed by Sh. KNT
Sastry, which represented India at the Los Angeles Festival for short
films held in Nov’99. This film also won the award for the best
film in the documentary section at the National Film Festival for
the year 1999 and also the AP State Nandi award for the year
· “Naa Baate Der”(It will not be long...), ( Beta/ Hindi & Eng/
Documentary/ 50 min) a documentary film tracing the history of the
peasant movement in Bihar.
· Documentary on Sir Arthur Cotton produced by EMMRC, Hyderabad.
· Manoyagyam (Telugu serial) telecast over ETV Telugu
· Punnami Nagu (Telugu) a socio-fantasy telecast on Gemini TV
· Vartaman (Marathi), telecast over ETV Marathi.
· Gana Tumchya Amchi (Marathi), Telecast over ETV Marathi
· Aplaanch Ghar (Marathi), Telecast over ETV Marathi
Film Trailers for the following films:
· Rockford (Dir: Nagesh Kukunoor)
· Dollar Dreams (Dir: Shekhar Kamula)
· Ganapathy (Telugu Feature film)
· Ammaiyee Kosam (Dir: Muppaleni Shiva)
Telefilms & Short films:
· Bandham (Tel) Dir: Vijay Macharla
· Samay ki awaaz (Hindi) Dir: Sagar Adhyapak
Supervising Avid Editor for the following feature films:
9 Nellalu, Avide Shyamala, Balaram, Gare Sindhura Dhare
Luha, Hello Hyderabad, Maya, Naa Hrudayamlo Nidurinche
Cheli.., Okadu Chalu, Pasupu Kumkuma, Pellam Vachindi, Pilla
Nacchindi, Preminchedi Endhukkamma, Raa & Rupai
Produced, Directed & Edited the launch Ad Films for a Hyderabad based
English daily (The Andhra Pradesh Times), which were made both on 35mm
as well as Beta format. The variations included Two 1 min. Ads, One 30 sec.
Ad & one 10 sec. Ad.
Consultant for the editing & Post production activities of “The Inscrutable
Indian” directed by Mr. Chandra Siddhartha.
Associate Director/ Editor for a 13-episode television serial “Aanewala
Kal” highlighting the various aspects of School Education, telecast during
August 1998 on Doordarshan II channel.
Associate Director/ Editor for a documentary film on the anti- WTO
movement titled Aelan.
Associate Director/ Editor for a video documentary film highlighting the
various projects undertaken by the Gujarat State Forest department.
Associate Director/ Editor for a video documentary film highlighting the
various projects undertaken by the Disstt. Admin. in the field of water
resource management at Gumla Distt. (Bihar).
Conceptualized & directed Three 30 sec. Public Service Ads promoting
the concept of Eye Donation, made in three languages viz. English, Hindi &
Participation in Film Festivals
Production Controller, Additional Cameraman & Still Photographer
for the documentary “Life is difficult, yet, we struggle” which was
screened at the BIFF’ 94.
Additional Cameraman for the films “Circles”, which was the opening film
of the video section & for the film “Beyond the Veil” which were screened
Editor of the film “A Brief Journey”, which represented India at the
· BIFF’96, held in Mumbai in Feb’96.
· International Cinema Students’ Festival held at Tel-Aviv, Israel in
· 19th Recontres Internationales Henri Langlois, held from 4th to 8th
Dec’96, at Poitiers, France.
· International Film Festival of India held from 10th to 20th January
1997, at Thiruvananthapuram, India.
Editor of the documentary film “Surabhi… (The stage)” which was
selected as the best film in the documentary section of the National Film
Festival 1999. This film also won the Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Award in
the documentary category. The film has represented India at major
international film festivals like Los Angeles, Rotterdam, Paris, Toronto, etc.
Assistant Editor for the film “Maya”, which won the 1st
Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival of 2001.
Editor for the film “Yellamma” which was selected for the National Film
Editor for the film “The Holy Bastard”, made on the digital format, which
was selected for screening at Cannes Video festival in 2003
Editor for the feature film “Hero” which won the Nandi award (AP State
Award) in the best feature film for children’s category in 2005.
Editor for the feature film “Sontha Vooru” winner of four Nandi awards
for the year 2009.
Editor for the feature film “Gangaputrulu” winner of three Nandi
Awards for the year 2010.
Professor Editing, Annapurna International School of Film & Media,
Hyderabad. (Nov’11 to June’12)
Involved in teaching of subjects related to Film & Video Editing. I was also
involved in the supervision of various exercises of the students.
Professor & HOD- Digital Film Making, SAE Colleges, Chennai.
(Nov’09 to April’10)
Involved in teaching of subjects related to Film making like Scripting,
Direction, Documentary film making, Editing, etc. to the students at a
Diploma & Graduation level. I was also involved in mentoring the students &
helping develop soft skills & survival instincts in the media industry.
Creative Director, Kosmic Film Entertainment Company Pvt. Ltd.,
Chennai. (Aug’08 to Sept’08)
I was involved in the planning of the setting up of their proposed religious
television channel. The work involved
· Coming up with concepts for the proposed programme, budgeting for
the same, identifying the resources & drawing up the schedule for
completing the programme.
· Identifying & recruiting the technical manpower.
· Scheduling the programmes for telecast.
· Supervising the content creation in terms of the visuals, audio & also
the graphics components.
· Overall supervision of the execution of the programme not only in
terms of conformity with the corporate policy, aesthetics and technical
· In-House training of the various staff (mainly producers, Cameramen
& assistants and Editors)
· Co-ordination between the various departments involved in the
production of the programmes
Head of the Department (Media Training Vertical), Manipal Universal
Learning Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore (Mar’07 to Oct’07)
The work involved:
· Designing of the course curriculum & the course contents for the
· Decision making process in the areas pertaining to the choice of
Technical equipments like Cameras, Editing systems, library, etc.
· Co-ordination between the various departments like the in-house
Infrastructure & Facilities Deptt and the external agencies like the
architects & Tech Consultants in activities related to the setting up of
the institute in terms of brick & mortar.
· Co-ordination between the organization & Technical consultants in the
setting up & the commissioning of the Television studio & the Editing
· Identification & the recruitment of the manpower needed for the
Dean for the Film School & Asstt. Director for the Hyd. campus, Rai
Foundation, Hyderabad [erstwhile Rai University], (Nov’02 to
I was involved in setting up of the institution right from scratch.
· As an academician, I was instrumental in designing the course
curriculum for the various courses. I taught subjects related to film
making like Editing, Script writing, Art direction, Visualization,
Animation, Graphics & special effects.
· Supervised the Practicals & TV Production exercises of the students
as the Executive Producer.
· As the head of academics, I administered the various academic
delivery processes and supervised the evaluation processes testing the
students i.e. the smooth conduct of the examinations.
· As a mentor for the students, I was actively involved in inter-acting
with the students, trying to solve their problems & motivating them to
Asstt. Professor, Film & Television Institute of India, Pune, (Dec’01
I was involved in teaching the film students not only the theoretical but also
the practical aspects of editing.
I was also involved in the training of Doordarshan & All India Radio staffers
who came to FTII as part of their in-service training programmes.
Consultant, Usha Kiran Media Ltd., Hyderabad, (Aug’01 to Nov’01)
I was involved in the launch of their Marathi Satellite Channel (ETV
Marathi). As a senior editor, I helped in building up their programme bank
running into hundreds of hours within a span of three months.
I was also involved in the programming, scheduling & packaging of the
various programmes for telecast.
Chief Editor cum Chief Trainer, SIBAR Media & Entertainment Ltd.,
Hyderabad, (July’00 to Aug’01)
As the Chief Editor, I was the interface between the studio management &
the clients hiring the facility. My job included editing clients’ projects, overall
studio administration as also training students in the various aspects of
editing with special reference to Non-Linear Editing. I have trained more
than 20 trainees on the various aspects of non-linear editing, who are now
successful editors not only in Hyderabad, but also in the Bollywood &
Chief Editor (Avid), Prasad Film Laboratories Ltd., Hyderabad,
(Feb’99 to May’00)
I was involved in setting up of the non-linear editing facility, which was a
pioneer in the Hyderabad industry. My job involved not only editing clients’
films, marketing the facility among the Film producers & Directors, but also
the overall administration of the studio.
Free-lance Director/ Producer, A&M Films and Audiovisuals,
Hyderabad, (May’96 to Mar’97)
I made five corporate films for clients like Shriram Group (Hyderabad Div.),
A & R Packaging (an unit of Thapar Group), SEW Constructions &
Prasad Project Works Ltd., Hyderabad & the Bangalore launch film for
Script & Screenplay writing
Basics of Camerawork & lighting
Location Sound Recording
Linear & non-linear Editing
- Business Consulting - Client Relationship Management
- Project Management - Production Control
- Team Management & Development - New Set ups
- Implementation of Best Practices
Project planning, scoping, estimation, tracking, and ensuring
implementation of project plans within pre-set budgets and deadlines.
Planning, scheduling and handling (On- Location) Delivery Management.
Mentoring team members. Deploying them on the basis of their skill
levels, monitoring their performance and supporting their development,
Managing the Recruitment, training and counselling.
Meeting deadlines without compromising quality norms.
Out of box thinking to innovate, economise & simplify the production
Managing all phases of the production process starting from proposal to
the final telecast of the programme.
Participation in Workshops & Symposia
Workshops participated as a participant:
· Documentary film making with Prof Richard Breyer (Syracuse
· Documentary film making with Ms. Marille Hahne (independent film
maker from Germany)
· Editing workshop with Mr. Javed Syyed (Editor, Bollywood)
· Editing Workshop with Late Ms. Renu Saluja (Editor, Bollywood)
· Direction for playback picturization with Mr. Vikas Desai (Director,
Workshops conducted as a Resource person:
· “Lighting for stage production” at Kanoria Arts Centre, Ahmedabad
during Aug 1993
· “Film Appreciation workshop” conducted by Sense India
Foundation (A Mumbai based NGO) at Mumbai University in Oct 1999
· Film Appreciation workshop organized by Deval Club, Kolhapur in
· Two years Post-Graduate Diploma in Cinema from Film &
Television Institute of India, Pune, in 1995, with specialization in
· M A (Communications) from Central University, Hyderabad, in
1993 with subjects related to Television Software Production,
Documentary Film making, Radio, Journalism, Advertising &
· P G Diploma in Advertising & Public Relations from the Centre
For Mass Media, New Delhi YMCA in 1990 with subjects related to
Advertising and Public Relations.
· B Sc (G) Grp B from Delhi University in 1989.
Membership in Professional Associations
Association of Film & Video Editors, Mumbai
Editors’ Association of Andhra Pradesh.
Languages known : E n g l i s h , H i n d i , Ta m i l , Te l u g u & I t a l i a n .
References : On request
C G SRIGUHA