2. Definition Reputation Manager: activities performed by individual or organization which attempt to maintain or create a certain frame of mind regarding themselves in the public eye. Reputation Management: process of identifying what other people are saying or feeling about you or your business; and taking steps to ensure that the general consensus is in line with your goals. Many people and organizations use various forms of social media to monitor their reputation.
3. Skills/Knowledges/Tasks - The Reputation manager must be objective, communicative and creative. He is in charge of listening to what people say, responding to their reviews and building relationship between hotels and guests. - He should have strong knowledge and background in the engine search as well as social media in order to be able to work with all the online tools. - He needs to monitor the online reputation of the hotel, all the time, and being able to plan strategy based on what he found. He must be reactive and flexible to be as fast as possible. He should create strong and effective conversation with customers.
4. - He should have writing skills and some social media experience and/or interest on the hotel industry.- I don’t think there is a perfect educational background needed for this job but if it’s matter to you, it can be useful to hire someone that has a degree in journalism, communication, languages, or someone that has a certificate in Public Relation or Hotel Management.- He has to create positive comments and solve negative ones in order to maintain a good reputation for the Hotel and create more booking which will engender better revenues. - Be really careful to who you will hire as he will be in charge of your image!- He is the one that will help you to rebuild your image in case of crisis as well as maintain it when all is fine.
5. How does it defer from « regular » management skills? A regular manager only manage a team within a company. However, a reputation manager has to manage at the same time his team but also the image of the company and its relationship with their customers. He has to control the inside and the outside and to adapt his strategy depending on what is being said in all the medias. He is managing the reputation of the Hotel through all kind of online media that the customers are using to share their experience. He is managing the conversation with them but also the strategy of the Hotel Team.
6. My vision: Reputation Management/Social Media Marketing Management In my opinion, Reputation Management should relate to social Media Management as almost all the Customers are using it to share their experiences (facebook, twitter etc…). The reputation manager should use the social media to get in touch with customers and start to interact with them. This is a useful tool to build strong relationship and advertise positive image. However you need to be active and actualize every day the content in order to keep the customer interested.
7. How the hotel can measure the success of implementing a reputation management role?Bad customer Unsolved Bad Lost experience issues reputation Revenues It is very easy to measure the success of a reputation manager by checking directly online: (you can do it yourself or with the help of specialists such as Review Pro) - The number of guest reviews - The number of positive guest reviews - The number of answer & problem solved It is also that if the reputation management is not well used, your revenue will decrease. In fact, if the customer had a bad experience at your hotel and that you don’t provide him a good explanation or excuse, he will give you a bad reputation and the number of booking will be affected as well as your profit.