As you can see, in just 7 years the growth of facebook has exponentially increased which as of 2011 in has reached 600M registered users And which makes it the #1 leading social site and has a maximum of 310M daily unique visitors a day
As you can see here, Globally Asia is the fourth largest nation in terms of facebook usage , which makes Philippines in the 7 th place which has 21-35 Million facebook users
Most students are getting addicted in social networks and that which affects their grades a study showed that 96 percent of college students use Facebook; Grades of students who checked Facebook while studying were 20% lower than grades of those who didn’t check Facebook while studying Thus, some students instead of concentrating on school works try to multi-task which adds time to the work and less concentration to the work being done. The students lost their sleeping time and studying time at night . The facebook addiction reduce student health and physical capacity
As you can see the graph here , the fastest growing segment of users are college-aged kids and with around 640M registered Users . And if facebook were a country it will be the 3 rd worlds largest country which is about equal to United States if you double its size.
I know for a fact that students like to have fun and rest from all those works in school but if they really want to value the money that their parents are sustaining for them . They must avoid/lessen the use of those addicting social sites in the internet for it can drastically affect the studies of one student.
Limit your time usage in using social sites, also lessening the usage of it would be a advantage for you to think of things you must do in the weekdays (my advice would be to for you update yourself in studies and social gatherings)
When you are doing your school works avoid opening social sites . It may increase the effort and time you will have to put on finishing your work . Therfore, less concentration will be put on the designated task you have on hand. Have a weekly or daily schedule time of usage in the internet to avoid negative effects of it.
According to a new study performed by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business , the highest rate of “self-control failures” were linked to online social networking . This study actually shows that Facebook and Twitter are more addicting than alcohol or tobacco! The Facebook addiction affect a student’s health and his educational life , the addiction of this network reduce their physical activities By doing the solution, it will increase the productivity of students , in terms of studies , extra curriculars , balancing time and not getting much affected of those negative news in faceook or other social sites
Try to only be updated in events by using facebook , be connected to the world but lessen the time of usage for it may cause to addiction
Avoiding/ lessening the use of social sites will create a space in your time , make you think of what to do else instead of looking in your facebook and waiting for a notification or waiting for someone talking to them in late hours . It will make you more focused on studies and goals in life.
If a student would lessen/avoid the usage of social sites it will improve in almost all areas in your life . Because somehow for other people getting addicted in social networks makes them more focused on the computer than being present in family gatherings . And somehow for students social networks becomes their drug and makes them attached to it that it is so hard to get rid of . Which in that case it affects their grades and other areas in their life. Will result for a person to be more successful in life
1. First thing when you wake up, avoid or as possible DO NOT OPEN your social sites when you wake up in the morning. It might make a lazy effect on you , make you forget your chores and it can also affect how your day will turn out. Make you movements slow and give more distractions when you start your day
2. Turn off alert messages in your social site so that you can focus more and think on what you have to do for today. Think of the activities that you have to do and the responsibilities you have in school , home and with your relationships. As much as possible don’t check your messages it might stir up bad emotions early in the morning while you have to concentrate of the things you have to do , try avoiding it so it wont have a negative effect on you
3. When think you get home try to of the things you have to do in terms of studies and other activities . Having this kind of habit will make you a more responsible and productive student.
4. And when you have thought of them, try to focus on them first and DO NOT multi-task while doing these things it will make you less focused and less time to understand and finish your task.
Thank You for Listening and have a nice day
1. Social Networks,Facebook, Twitter etc:How do they really affect studentslives?
2. Do you know these Social Sites?
3. And did you know that..
4. History of Social Networks
5. History of Mark Zuckerberg, founded Facebook while studying psychology at Harvard University. A keen computer programmer, Mr Zuckerberg had already developed a number of social-networking websites for fellow students, including Coursematch, which allowed users to view people taking their degree, and Facemash, where you could rate peoples attractiveness. In February 2004 Mr Zuckerberg launched "The facebook", and It became Facebook.com in August 2005 after the address was purchased for $200,000. US high schools could sign up from September 2005, then it began to spread worldwide.
6. As of September 2006, the network was extended beyond educational institutions to anyone with a registered email address. Yahoo and Google are among companies which have expressed interest in a buy-out, with rumoured figures of around $2bn (£975m). Mr Zuckerberg has so far refused to sell. The sites features have continued to develop during 2007.
7. Most students are getting addicted in social networks and that which affects their grades Thus, some students instead of concentrating on school works try to multi-task which adds time to the work and less concentration to the work being done.
8. • Highschool and college students would have a failing markdue to excessive use of social sites
9. 8 Social Media Statisticsn One in every nine people on Earth is on Facebook ( This number is calculated by dividing the planets 6.94 billion people by Facebook’s 750 million users)n People spend 700 billion minutes per month on Facebookn Each Facebook user spends on average 15 hours and 33 minutes a month on the siten More than 250 million people access Facebook through their mobile devicesn More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebookn People on Facebook install 20 million “Apps” every dayn 190 million average Tweets per day occur on Twitter (May 2011)n Twitter is handling 1.6 billion queries per day