1. Oyster on the Go, can save your day so go and get yours today Oyster on the Go Aaran Karia, Hakrishan Matta, Jasvinder Singh, Ivneet Chawla Featherstone High School
2. Target Audience: Forgetful Oyster Card usersSize of Market Affected: Roughly 4 million
3. Problem Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsmAbwbewjI
4. Problem Statement During periods of hurry, people tend to forgetthings. One of the most popular items forgotten is the oyster card. Forgetting important items such as an oyster card could lead to consequences (i.e. Missing the Bus, Getting late to key appointments; such as job interviews.)
5. Oyster on the GoOyster on the Go tap their phone on the cardreader.Using NFC to communicate with the barrierOpen or close the barrier
6. Our ProposalStep 1Check balancePurchase day or travel card / from oysterbalance When we spoke withVisual check on the bus Barclays regarding the complexity of creatingStep 2 this application forNFC technology with full App security purposes. WeData targeted advertising based on location also came up withFrequently taken journeys alternatives:Real time services disruption
10. Most sales are in September because more CASH FLOW CHART young adults get issued oyster cards in this month PICTURE£24,136,77 OF FLOW CHART REQUIRED Planning to Advertise onElectricity supplied Broadband supplied Google Closing Bank by British Gas by O2 Adwords, Youtube, TV Balance of and London Transport
11. Summary1) What did we solve? Our application solves the forgetting your oyster card problem.2) How does our app solve the problem? Our application allows oyster card users to use their phones as oyster cards if they forget their oyster cards or just want to have something less to carry.3) Why does our app solve this problem? Our application connects with oyster card terminals through the use of NFC which allows customers to use their phones as oyster cards.