Be the first to like this
Cockpit: Case solution submitted by Team BOHEMIAN from IIM Raipur
The Case Study:
Nyper Motors Ltd. is a European car manufacturer, which specializes in making luxury sedans (price starts from USD 35,000). Nyper motors now wants to enter India, where they are planning to launch “Cockpit”, a hatchback, which they are aiming to sell at USD 16,000, thus tapping India’s youth segment. Cockpit will be a combination of luxury and thrill.
Nyper has recently developed a fuel saving technology for their cars, which they are planning to plug in with Cockpit, thus making a perfect offering for Indian market.
Nyper wants to release Cockpit in the annual AutoExpo event going to be organized in New Delhi, in two months from now. Before the event, Nyper wants to create demand amongst Indian youngsters without revealing the actual design of “Cockpit”,
What Nyper is offering with “Cockpit”?
- High on fuel saving, despite being a luxury hatchback,
- The top speed of Cockpit is 250 km/h
- First 100 cars will be having inbuilt GPS system coupled with prime accessories (free of cost)
- First 10 buyers will be given a free of cost tour to Cockpit’s manufacturing plant in Germany,
- People who buy cockpit, in the first two months of its launch, will be given 2 years service for free
What Nyper wants in the marketing plan?
- Nyper wants Cockpit should not be promoted as a car, but as an experience,
- Apart from promoting on social media, Nyper wants to develop a mobile app for tapping young
digital audience of India.
What is “Feel the Moment”?
Feel the Moment is the brand theme of cockpit, which focuses on a once in a lifetime experience. They want all their brand communication to reflect this idea.
Nyper wants to create online conversations around “Cockpit” by engaging relevant people in order to create familiarity for the product. They want a marketing campaign which will correctly position the car in their niche thereby challenging ri vals like BMW, Audi and others