Transcript of "Twitter 101: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Twitter, but Were Afraid to Ask"
Everything You Always Wanted to
Know About Twitter, but Were Afraid
Debbie Friez, Vice President Major Accounts, BurrellesLuce
Gail Nelson, Senior Vice President, Marketing, BurrellesLuce
• What is Twitter?
• Why Tweet?
• Getting started
• Tricks of the Tweet
• Helpful tools
– Short text status report
• Only 140 characters
– Similar to text messaging
• Find out about • Gain customer and
breaking news market insight
• Share information • Grow relationships
• Promote your other with friends,
social media posts colleagues,
• Service customers and family and
• Find sales leads and influencers
• You found the information interesting and
you think others might too.
• “Pay it Back”—help others and they might
• If you really want others to re-tweet, put it
at the end of your tweet.
KEEPING IT SHORT
• Tools to shorten links:
• A way to index and search on a particular topic
• Always starts with the #
• When creating one, keep it short!
• Can be used for creating a “group”
• Popular Hashtags:
#followfriday #pradvice #pr
#womma #Lost #jobs
MAKING IT EASY:
• Phone applications
– TwitterBerry for BlackBerry
– Tweetie for iPhones
– Twidroid for G1 Android Phones
• Desktop applications
• Integration with other social media