Tennessee - Fried Chicken Seattle – Salmon Native
Challenges to Eating a Healthy Diet
• Our traditional foods taste good but are not
always healthy for us.
• Even when we have healthy foods available for
lunch at school, we often choose less healthy
• All schools agree that healthy choices are
more expensive than unhealthy ones, and this
is an obstacle to healthy eating.
• Even when good options are in front of us, we
often choose less healthy ones.
• Fat, salt, and sugar taste great! We need to
educate our children about healthy choices at
a young age.
• Want to make an unhealthy choice? Eat a
piece of fruit first or drink a natural juice. Then
see if you still want the other food. Most of
the time you will forget about the first choice.
Pledges from Our Learning Circle Schools
• Read labels and become more educated about food.
• Eat less fat and sugar.
• Eat more vegetables and salads.
• Have breakfast every day.
• Eat more fruit as a snack.
• Have natural juice.
• Make posters with healthy foods.
• Shop with parents.
• Talk with peers and support each other’s efforts to eat
We Can Do It If We Try!
Thank you to Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Romania,
Moldova, Turkey, Morocco, and Tennessee!
We have greatly enjoyed being in the
Learning Circle with you this year.
We wish you a happy and healthy summer!
From your new friends in Seattle, WA, US.