The Differentiators Enquist 2008Presentation Transcript
November 19, 2008
Champion Gene Pool
Thank the influencers in your life? Industriousness
Your Coaching Armor
Are you a teacher AND student
of the game?
Hit reply faster on
Blowers in the wind
Does everyone matter in the
Morgan Center? Cooperation
Love your razor thin
margin for error?
Is it “my” team or “our” team?
PREPARE for the game!
1) Enjoy the anticipation
2) Plan A, B, C, & 911
Do you enjoy the little parts of your game?
LOVE the game
2) Love unconditionally.
Last time your thanked your
assistants? Your head coach? Initiative
Grounds crew? support staff?
HONOR the game
1) Game doesn’t know your age.
2) Investments & paybacks.
Are emotions under control? Self Control
Where are you?
1) Honeymooners (1-5 yrs.)
2) Reality Checkers (5-10 yrs.)
3) Servers(10 and beyond) yrs
End a complaint with a solution? Intentness
HONEYMOONERS (1-5 yrs.)
a. Filter the riff raff
b. Be catalyst: head coach, team, & department.
2) Head Coaches
a. Give assistants more responsibility.
b. It’s ok NOT having ALL the answers.
Are you obsessed with the fundamentals? Condition
REALITY CHECKERS (5-10 yrs.)
a. Discipline to keep coach on task.
b. Step up and start thinking like a head coach.
2) Head Coaches
a. Discipline to find the LOVE in your game
b. Keep it fresh. Challenge through passion.
Are you executing your
daily checklist or living life? Skill
SERVERS (10 yrs and beyond)
a. Remain curious about teaching and coaching.
b. GET OFF YOUR COMFORT SOFA. Stretch!
2) Head Coaches
a. YOU’RE NOT BIGGER THAN THE GAME.
b. Put your EGO to bed. The sport has given you
Be accountable to team principles? Team Spirit
BruWIN Blood Homework
GUT CHECKS PYRAMID OF SUCCESS
1. Thank your influencers?
2. Student and teacher? Faith Fight
3. Blackberry reply faster? Industriousness Poise
4. Does everyone matter in MC? Patience Resourcefulness
5. Love the struggle? Integrity Initiative
6. “My” team or “our” team? Friendship
7. Enjoy the little things?
8. Thank your colleagues more?
9. Emotionally under control?
10. End a complaint with a solution? Honesty Condition
11. Obsessed with fundamentals? Cooperation Skill
12. Executing or LIVING life? Sincerity Team Spirit
13. Accountable to team principles? Enthusiasm Competitive Greatness
14. Let your seniors run practice? Adaptability Confidence
15. Belief in self/team in good and bad times? Alertness
Common Problems and Solutions
CONFRONTATION(Player, team, administration)
“It’s like a card game and I always let them show their
“Don’t let it permeate your core and your principles”.
Do you have cult-like commitment to your guiding
principles and the standards that hold them up?
YOU are the difference.
• Better people
• Better citizens
• More smarty pants graduates
• More Olympians
• More National Champions
• More All Americans
• THIS IS OUR BUBBLE!
• We know the rule and we know our game!
Let your seniors run a practice? Competitive Spirit
Our Champion DNA
Condition Skill Spirit
Control Alertness CI Initiative Intentness
Industriousness Friendship Loyalty Cooperation Enthusiasm
Special thanks to Coach Wooden
Pyramid of Success
Belief in self on good & bad days. Confidence