Be the first to like this
• Here’s what it looks like when your company fails to listen to your customers; especially in fast-changing technology-based businesses. You lose users to more compelling offerings.
• In February 2011 MySpace's visitor-share shrunken to just under 2%; that's a 75% drop from 6% in just the 6 months since October 2010. It's clear changing to a "music" site that month failed to rebuild the critical mass MySpace needs for to survive?
• MySpace failed to keep pace with the 38% growth in visitation to social media sites, and lost its market to Fb & YouTube.
• Overall visits to Top 10 Social Media sites grew about 38% from Feb. 2008 to Sep 2010. (24 percentage points up from 64% to 88%) The biggest changes came at the Top 3 spots of the Top 10.
• Most growth came at MySpace’s expense. Its 42%+ visit-share in Feb. 2008 shrunk 8x to 6% by Sept. 2010. During that time, Fb’s visit-share grew 8x from 8% to 61%. (The rising tide also helped YouTube grow visit-share by about 2x from ~8% to 17%.)