Year 9 outdoor activities 2015 pePresentation Transcript
Year 9 Outdoor Activities
Welcome to all year 8 parents
Please sign in on entry
The aims of this evening are to answer the where, what, who,
why and how questions related to the May 2015 Outdoor
General trip introduction
• Whole year group Outdoor Activities trip for year 9
• Both Oxfordshire Outdoor centres in South Wales
(Kilvrough and Glasbury)
• 100+ Capacity
• Multi-activity capability
• The highest levels of expertise & experience
• Sunday – Friday in May 2015
Where are the centres?
What activities will be on offer?
What is the purpose of the trip?
• Primarily, the trip is designed to develop the skill base of our
young adults to help prepare them for later school and later
life. In particular, outdoor activities are great at developing:
• Other benefits:
– Pick up a life-long interest
– Have fun!
How do they do this?
• They are challenging. All of us will* engage in activities that
we are scared of/not sure about
• They are different. We will all be out of our comfort zones.
• Safety is paramount. All activities are as safe as they need to
• Participants will be independent. They will look after
themselves as far as possible.
• Expertise is always on hand. From the trip organisation to the
instruction, you can be sure of this.
• All will fail at some point during the week. Then realise this is
not the end of the world.
• The trip will be memorable. Ask around!
Where could it lead?
Ben Nevis 2012
What’s the damage?
• The trip costs £320 – not an insignificant amount of money -
(This is the reason for an early launch) - but this includes:
– All transport
– All instruction
– Full board accommodation
– All insurance
• What doesn’t it include?
– Spending money/presents – not much extra at all
• Payment plan:
– Deposit of £75 leave £245
– 7 monthly payments of £30, one of £35
What do I need to do next?
• Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
with any and all questions
• Further information including this powerpoint
on the school expeditions blog
• Deposits into school finance office please!