AJB Intro: Hello everyone, thanks for joining us today for today’s webinar What Social Means to the Financial Services Industry, my name is Ashley Brookes and I’m with the HootSuite Enterprise team. I’m pleased to be here with Jason Maynard of Wells Fargo to talk about the changing role of social media for business, and how, in particular, the Financial Services Industry is adopting, adapting, reacting to it.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is a bi-national United States and Canadian organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning and aerospace control for North America. Aerospace warning includes the monitoring of man-made objects in space, and the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other commands. Aerospace control includes ensuring air sovereignty and air defense of the airspace of Canada and the United States.
On Tuesday, data flowing through the command center showed a variety of information about the conference, including that TVs topped trending products, with more than 31,000 mentions across social media and the web, followed by smartphones and apps. The top brands at CES by mention across 500 sources on social media and the web were Samsung, LG, Google, Sony and Apple.
The only thing I would add is that some command centers can be virtual.
Respond to and resolve issues/concerns quickly Understand the motivations for sharing experiences in order to identify opportunities to promote increased Document the demographics and psychographics of those looking to share information, idea, and experiences as they engage within online platforms Incorporate conversation details and findings into existing programs and engagement platforms for proactive outreach With this information, there is the opportunity to shift and leverage behaviors online to provide a personalized engagement experience
QuackCave serves as a hub for all of the athletic program's social communications. Staffers will distribute digital storytelling and promotional content through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other networks. They'll also monitor fan conversation to answer question and interact with passionate followers. It’s currently manned during workday hours by a rotating cast of students and athletic department staff.
The SMLC is used to monitor Cisco related conversations, mentions, response times; as well get detailed data about influencers who talk or mention Cisco.
Manned by a staff of 50 social media experts from around Tampa Bay, the SMCC helped monitor and participate in conversations taking place on various social media platforms—namely Facebook and Twitter—using the hashtag #TampaBay.
A team of 23 Red Cross staffers and volunteers monitored more than 2.5 million #Sandy mentions, tagging 4,500 for on-the-ground follow-up.
Envisioned by CIO Jim Bottum, the Listening Center brings together faculty, staff, students and external partners to support undergraduate creative inquiry, faculty research, pedagogy, and outreach through social media listening.
2012 Election Tracker
Depending on your goals and objectives .. The strategy will be different
Space shuttle Endeavour lands in California
Here is an example of three brands, Volkswagen, Microsoft and Adobe ..
Deploying a command center should not be considered a small project. If done right, it can give you deeper insight into community engagement, solve customer problems, innovate the business and essentially give your brand a competitive edge. Business is changing fast, new leadership is cycled in and out, so it’s important to understand that each step will be different at each company. And, as you begin your deployment, Kaizen (Japanese for constant improvement) will be fundamental to the success.
Consultative ApproachInternal & External AuditsIdentify The Key Internal StakeholdersWhat Is The General Conversation Among Customers ExternallyAre there any existing reports that will give you an idea of sentimentInvestigate Current IT Platforms, Challenges, Security Risks, Contractual ObligationsUnderstand Current Business Challenges (Marketing, Operational, Competitive)Document Business GoalsUnderstand Ownership Of Key Roles & Responsibilities
Define Technology Vendor(s)Identify Taxonomy Of Brand, Industry And Competitive Terms For MonitoringEstablish Agreement On Measurement PlanCreate Processes For Internal Teams:- Training Protocols- Crisis Management & ResponseDefine New Roles & Responsibilities
Define the measurement frameworkGain buy in from all stakeholdersDetermine reporting frequency for stakeholdersShare Successes And Challenges Across The OrganizationValidate the financial investment
This is where you want to turn it on … Launch Command CenterEngage With The Community & Begin To Solve Customer ProblemsEscalate Conversations To Customer Support, Product Teams And Sales TeamsBegin To Document Any Challenges And Best Practices
1. Enterprise WebinarsSocial Command Center The Emergence of the Social Business Command Center #SocialCC
2. #SocialCC Michael Brito SVP, Social Business Strategy Edelman @Britopian Ashley Jane Brookes Enterprise Customer Marketing Manager HootSuite @ashjbeePresenters
3. #SocialCCThe Emergence of the Social BusinessCommand Center@Britopian
4. #SocialCCSocial Media Command Center at CES@Britopian
5. #SocialCC A Command Center is a physical space where companies coordinate to listen and engage their market in social channels to achieve business use cases in marketing engagement, customer care, risk management, or operational efficiency of coordination and contact center deflection. Jeremiah Owyang Altimeter Group @jowyangWhat is a Social Media Command Center?@Britopian
6. #SocialCC LISTEN ENGAGE COMMUNITY BRAND ADVOCACY CONTENT INNOVATION DOCUMENT SUPPORTWhy a Social Business Command Center?@Britopian
7. #SocialCCExamples of CommandCenters in Action@Britopian
8. #SocialCCThe Oregon Duckscommand centershares news andcontent from outletsincluding the@GoDucks and@QuackCaveTwitter accounts. Command Centers in Action: Oregon Ducks (QuackCave) @Britopian
9. #SocialCCCisco’s SocialMedia ListeningCenter (SMLC)was developedto showcase theircommitment tocustomers. Command Centers in Action: Cisco Systems @Britopian
10. #SocialCCThe 2012RepublicanNationalConvention(RNC) in TampaBay launchedtheir Social MediaCommandCenter. Command Centers in Action: RNC in Tampa Bay @Britopian
11. #SocialCCThe American RedCross DigitalOperations Centeris used to monitorand respond to70,000 disastersevery year and mostrecently used theircommand center tomonitor and respondto victims ofHurricane Sandy. Command Centers in Action: American Red Cross @Britopian
12. #SocialCCThe Social MediaListening Centerat ClemsonUniversity is aninterdisciplinaryresearch lab andteaching facilitythat opened inearly 2012. Command Centers in Action: Clemson University @Britopian
13. #SocialCCHootSuite’s 2012Election Trackerprovided live socialmedia metrics suchas the sentiment ofsocialmessaging, and theMentions and Likesof both presidentialcandidates. Command Centers in Action: Hootsuite Election Tracker @Britopian
15. #SocialCCSTRATEGY DASHBOARD STAKEHOLDERS REQUIREMENTS VIEW(S)Brand, Competitive Integration With Other Share of Voice, Sentiment CMO / C-SuiteMonitoring Brand Monitoring Software Brand/Community Integration With FacebookCompetitive Analysis Engagement, Community Marketing, Analytics Insights, Competitive Growth Integration, Historical Data Workflows, TicketingSolving Customer Issues Brand & Product Mentions Customer Support System, Corporate Negative Brand Mentions, Email Alerts, EscalationCrisis Communications Communications & Crisis Issues Monitoring Workflows Teams Community Engagement Integration With Facebook Marketing, PR, SocialCommunity Management (Likes, Comments, Insights, Web Analytics, Media, Customer Support Shares, RTs), Web Traffic Escalation WorkflowsDefine Strategy, Goals & Objectives,Technology Requirements@Britopian
16. #SocialCC PLATFORMS Online Monitoring Analytics Platform Internal Collaboration Community Platform Selection Social CRM PROCESS Social Media Policies Technology Integration Customer Support & Sales Workflows Measurement Framework & Rollout Global & Enterprise Expansion PEOPLE Behavior Change Cross Silo Collaboration Executive Support & Participation Organizational Models Employee & Partner ParticipationThe 3 Pillars of Command Center OperationsSocial Business Frameworks Requires Adaptation in People, Process & Technology@Britopian
17. #SocialCC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYINFORMATION TECHNOLOGYTechnology deployment andintegrationDIGITAL MARKETINGCampaign reporting & measurement SOCIAL MEDIA DIGITAL MARKETINGCUSTOMER SUPPORTSolving real-time customer serviceissues CENTER OF EXCELLENCEANALYTICSCommand Center set up, operationsSOCIAL MEDIACommunity management and advocate ANALYTICS CUSTOMERidentification SUPPORTBuilding the Right Team to Manage OperationsTeam Collaboration Is Fundamental To Success@Britopian
18. #SocialCCCONSUMER ENGAGEMENTGeneral communitymanagement, influencer identification.CUSTOMER SERVICESolving customer support issues quicklyand efficiently.CRISIS COMMUNICATIONSIdentifying crisis communications andissues before the escalate.REAL TIME CONTENTCREATION:Create real time content based on what’shappening NOW.PRODUCT INNOVATIONInnovating products based on what thecommunity is sayingSample Use Cases For Command Center DeploymentTeam Collaboration Is Fundamental To Success@Britopian
19. #SocialCC MAJOR CRISIS OR CUSTOMER SUPPORT ISSUE • Most comments and questions can be resolved Potential Crisis Issues Customer Support Issues through a manual ticketing system Key sensitive topics Customer service complaints, major Legal issues account issues (shipping, transaction) • Private Messages will be used Product recalls Fraud or financial complaints to attain additional information Employees ranting Angry customers posting if needed Flag to Social Media Team OR Customer Support • Responses require direction Potential Crisis Issues Customer Support Issues from Social Media Team or Customer Support Blogs/media mentioning brand Transaction requests • Questions may require follow Mentions from influencers Dispute resolution up with various product groups Mentions from company employees IT issues / website errors Product enhancements and/or feedback General Customer Issues Marketing program feedback Community Manager to Post Responses • Responses are Account management operational and Positive brand experiences and praise informative Career opportunities • General community Company information management Partner information Innovation requestsRisk Assessment and Crisis Protocol@Britopian
20. #SocialCC CUSTOMER CUSTOMER AGENT ESCALATE SUPPORT SUPPORT SOLVES HIGH TO VIA AGENTS PROBLEM. CUSTOMER PRIVATE CREATES CASE SUPPORT MESSAGE ASSESS RISK TICKET CLOSED COMM Daily NO MANAGER Monitoring MEDIUM FLAGS TO RESPONSE and Customer CONTINUE NO ACTION SUPPORT IS NEEDED Engagement S TO MONITOR ADDS MONITORS RESPONDS THEM TO A CONTINUE AND LOW TO INFLUENCE S TO RETWEETS CUSTOMER LIST ENGAGE CONTENTCustomer Support & Risk Management ProcessesAn Example Of A Very Simple Community Manager Decision Tree@Britopian
21. #SocialCC Engage Re-direct Privately NO NO YES YES Engage Converse Compliment Assess Proceed Proceed Re-direct in public? further? YES NOCommunity NO Managers Expertise NO YES Product Can CM Engage with Assess help? Privately product? YES Participant upset? Monitor Conversations !! Complaint !! Is Company Is topic Positive Proceed engagement Proceed sensitive? outcome? NO positive? YES YESCommunity NO NO YES Legitimate? Engage ?! Other issues !? Assess Proceed Privately YES NO Engage Do not engage Re-direct (optional, but recommended) Privately LISTEN ASSESS ENGAGE REPEAT Customer Support & Risk Management Processes A Very Complex Decision Tree Customized For Different Team Members @Britopian
22. #SocialCCUsing Command Centers toCreate Real Time Content@Britopian
27. #SocialCCDIGITAL PROPERTIES ADVERTISING WEBSITES BANNERSCUSTOM BUILT PORTALS DISPLAY INTERNAL/ENTERPRISE PAID ENDORSEMENTS OWNED PAID media media SOCIAL MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS WEBSITES INFLUENCER NETWORKSCUSTOM BUILT PORTALS BRANDED ENTERTAINMENT INTERNAL/ENTERPRISE SOCIAL EARNED NICHE PLATFORMS media media A View of Transmedia Storytelling@Britopian
28. #SocialCCSocial Business Command CenterFramework@Britopian