This session would be geared to junior designers and developers who want to find creative inspiration improve their development skills. Too often, as artists (designers and coders alike), we strive to create originality in everything we do and thus come to a small creative block where progress is limited and projects become dull. When working with junior developers - I always tell them “steal from others first”, “learn from the masters” and “roll your own.” This advice has spurred many creative projects and usually always breaks new ground for the designer/developer working on the project.
- Create quality work
- Make mistakes
- Keep getting better
- Finding Inspiration for design
- Finding Inspiration for code
- Creating Mood Boards and Snippet cheat sheets
- Steal from masters
- Don’t Copy Acme Co
- Craft your own
- A look at Brand Logo thiefs (some funny stuff)
- When in Doubt Roll your own
- Tools of the trade: Firebug!
- Debug like a ninja! (keep it simple)
- Deconstructing Awesomeness
- Deconstructing PDFs, Photoshop files, Drupal Modules, etc.