Salesforce Resume and Personal Branding Techniques
Work Transforms Lives
Salesforce Resume and Personal
April 28, 2016
Co-Founder & Manager, Salesforce Talent Evangelism
• 2x Salesforce Certified
• Salesforce Consultant (pro bono) for Nonprofits
• Passionate Supporter of Salesforce Women in Tech
• @thebrettbarlow on Twitter
1. How to maximize the experience on your Resume
a. Project Experience, Consulting, Nonprofit, Pro-Bono, Self-Teaching, etc.
b. Certification, Training and Trailhead
2. How to build your Personal Brand
a. LinkedIn, Success Community and Twitter
b. User Groups, Dreamforce and other Salesforce events
3. Q&A on anything!
What We’ll Cover
The life of a Recruiter:
• Always in a Time Crunch
• Commonly just Skimming Resumes
• Current Employer and Job Title
• Previous Employer and Job Title
• Scanning for keywords and #s
Know your Audience!
The life of a hiring, Hiring Manager:
• Spread too thin because of a lack
• Needs to hire someone
Resume Formatting FAQ’s
How do I address Employment
Gaps on my Resume?
Should I put Salesforce Community-related experience
(ie. User Groups, Blogs, Dreamforce, etc.) on my Resume?
How long should it be?
Should it always be 1 page?
Should I add links to my LinkedIn,
Twitter or other sites to my resume?
Should I include Volunteer Salesforce Projects
or Short Consulting/Contracting Positions?